Reply to "2000 Bordeaux"

I agree, 2000 if you can, but prices are sky high. I have also noticed that inventory is still quite high, so prices may come down. I recently saw Pontet Canet for $50, which is not much above the futures price, and gets rave reviews (I have a case Smile)

I must disagree with Cbmac about 01. Yes, Sauternes and Barsac look like they'll be great, but I wouldn't write off everything else. St Julien probably has some beauties (Leoville Las Cases, Leoville Poyferre & Barton, even Gruaud). Certainly the first growths are all highly regarded (93-98 pts from WS and RMP). The usual good producers will have made good wines, and the prices are right. I have bought a few cases of 2001s, selectively picking wines. I think this vintage has potential to be a very good value vintage, and will mature earlier than 2000.

Again, Pontet Canet for $25, Gruaud for $35, Sociando Mallet for $25, Leoville Las Cases for $80, Leoville Barton for $35. These are all good producers who made solid products in 01 at reasonable prices (ok, maybe the LLC isn't reasonably priced!)

Yes, but I came here for an argument.

Oh! Oh! I'm sorry, this is abuse.