WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    2013 Weight Loss Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Weight Loss Thread
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:

Impressive!

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
+5!!! Winner

Always happens when I visit Montreal.... Banana

PH

Also impressive!

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to drop about 15-20 pounds in the new year so if anyone has any secrets let me know. I assume that wine needs to be cut out at least in the early going to get the weight down. Still researching my options...

Posts: 2540 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justme:
quote:

Impressive!

Bravo!

Posts: 29992 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
199.2, it takes about 3 weeks to undo less than a week of damage. Smack

Posts: 8644 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mad This always happens. I start losing weight right before vacation. Then go on vacation and gain 5-10 lbs.

Posts: 8644 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is no fun. Hard workout today. -27

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36740 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo to many of you!
About 15 months ago I tipped the scales at around 245. Since then I have been as low as 215, but my wedding ring was beginning to easily slip off (wife not pleased). Almost lost it in a Finger Lake one day and again during a night playing B-ball at the gym (mens 25 and over league, thank you). Bouncing between 220 and a deuce and a quarter now but feeling a bit heavy during these Holidays filled with so many seasonal temptations. Tonight, slightly guilty as I finish off a 1/2 pint of Haagan Dazs, but F it. I'll run tomorrow and feel better. Been able to do 3 - 4.5 miles a few times a week for most weeks this year and can keep the weight from coming back. Knees starting to hurt though. Getting older. Boo.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the bottom line is: eat less exercise more. I have actually cut my wine/alcohol intake way back this year. It may in fact have reached a record post adolescence low.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-28 We leave for Florida tomorrow. That ought to set me back a bit.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36740 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

But at least on the first day, your Speedo banana hammock will fit better!

Posts: 5360 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:

GOOD GAWD! I'll never get that image out of my mind now. Ack

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13439 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
had to take a peek in this thread.

impressive fellas.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:

Now I'll have to poke out my mind's eye.

posted Hide Post
Gained six pounds. Too much pasta at work.

Posts: 9376 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been requested not to wear it.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:

impressive fellas.

Did you really need to post that right after the banana hammock comment? Don't encourage them!

Posts: 2665 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:

impressive fellas.

Did you really need to post that right after the banana hammock comment? Don't encourage them!

Big Grin

Posts: 29992 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:

impressive fellas.

damn, i walked into that one. my bad.

Bang

so are we all hitting the gym on jan 2nd? Wink

i definitely should. the last 5 are always the most difficult to lose. it yo yos depending on how well i eat/drink that week.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
I would like to drop about 15-20 pounds in the new year so if anyone has any secrets let me know. I assume that wine needs to be cut out at least in the early going to get the weight down. Still researching my options...

Join a running club and participate in their marathon training program. Not everyone who runs long distance weights 100 lbs. One of the guys in our group used to be far north of 200 lbs and is now a Boston Marathon qualifier (and south of 200 lbs). Best part is that you don't have to starve yourself.

Posts: 2204 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+4

Damn holiday meals! Oh well, gonna hit it hard after New Years...

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1912 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got started with the wife New Years Day (not a resolution but were procrastinating until after the holidays) on a fairly stringent exercise and nutrition plan so I plan to track progress weekly and plan to drop close to 20 within the first quarter of 2013. Nothing major really, just counting calories (iPhone makes this easy to do) and doing routine exercise.

Posts: 2540 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:

Join a running club and participate in their marathon training program. Not everyone who runs long distance weights 100 lbs. One of the guys in our group used to be far north of 200 lbs and is now a Boston Marathon qualifier (and south of 200 lbs). Best part is that you don't have to starve yourself.

Battling placer fasciitis for last 3 months which has dampened my ability to run. I've been mountain biking instead.

posted Hide Post
Dropped the +4 the holidays brought so back to the original -16. Now just need to keep the trend line headed in that direction...

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1912 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-26. Gained 2 pounds in Florida. Back to the gym.

Just one more sip.