WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    its F%&ken cold!!!
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

its F%&ken cold!!!
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westerly:
84 degrees in Sunny Southern California. Shorts and a polo for work. Golf tomorrow. Life sucks.

I was happy going running today when it was sunny and 35 degrees. This should be the coldest time of the year in Chicago.

Posts: 2207 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
68° and not a cloud in the sky. It's really pretty, but just a little strange.

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up to -15 Celsius, time for icewine in Luxemburg. Riesling icewine with up to 187 Oechsle Smile

Icewine

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1915 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard on the news this morning that this has been the coldest winter in Poland in a gundred years, so I guess it's not warm all over. The jet stream has helped us and hit eastern Europe hard.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36882 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, eastern Europe is hit particularly hard, the Ukraine has -32 Celsius. Over 100 people dead and over 1000 hospitalized and getting worse. Poor people.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1915 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunny and 60 degrees in Seattle today. Very unusual on both counts.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6818 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bulbs are starting to peak through the mulch and it just hit February Ack

Posts: 3721 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw this on Cnn.com

Baby its Cold out there

Pictures are amazing

Unbelievable weather. Our NE is warm, and little snow, and there is snow in Algeria. Where is Al Gore?

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6376 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's this? Winter? 5 degrees, -12 WC this morning. 10 for the high.

Was 40 yesterday... Crazy

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1115 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
What's this? Winter? 5 degrees, -12 WC this morning. 10 for the high.

Was 40 yesterday... Crazy

82 yesterday

Tonight going to 40's WTF

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6376 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
82 yesterday

And on a day when it rained most of the day (also unusual for winter here). Had it not been for the rain and clouds, I would have been more worried about a case of wine being delivered as the winery screwed up and sent it to my home address rather than my office so it sat on a truck from 5AM until it was delivered after 7PM (office deliveries are before 11AM).

Posts: 3089 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try to hold onto that 82 weather for us.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36882 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As previously stated, a dry December/January usually indicates increased precipitation in the following months for Utah.

We have received massive amounts of snow this week.

If anyone has the time and desire to ski on the greatest powder in the world, now would be the time to hit the slopes.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6128 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is this "snow" you speak of? Smile

Posts: 2409 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan to be in Park City for closing weekend. I hope the weather stays chilly. Glad to see all the snowfall.

Posts: 1263 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
As previously stated, a dry December/January usually indicates increased precipitation in the following months for Utah.

We have received massive amounts of snow this week.

If anyone has the time and desire to ski on the greatest powder in the world, now would be the time to hit the slopes.

Sounds great. Wish I could get out there. Probably not this year, unfortunately.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3133 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be normal for some sort of response in this thread in January in the Chicago area. But it was 65 degrees when I went to lunch earlier. Of course, it supposed to be a low of 0 on Thursday.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been very warm down here in South Florida.

I actually wish we could have some colder weather, just to change things up and to give me excuse for wearing a sweater.

Posts: 6488 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Minus (-20C) twenty in Ottawa this weekend. Even colder (-30C) when you account for the wind chill. I need a southern vacation.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5753 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Minus (-20C) twenty in Ottawa this weekend. Even colder (-30C) when you account for the wind chill. I need a southern vacation.

Good idea.

Posts: 5989 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

70F here today. Cool It felt like August after the last week or so of cold. C'mon down!!

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-16 below tomorrow for the low. Frown

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:

Good idea.

+1 COME ON DOWN DP!! I'll think you'll like it.

Posts: 3089 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was just cruel vinole! I almost had a concussion the other day when my genitals rose so high, they bashed my brain!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5753 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yikes... been in the 70's here.

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post