WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    iPod, iPhone, iPad Docking Reviews:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPod, iPhone, iPad Docking Reviews:
 Login/Join 
posted
What docking station are you currently using for portable music? I have seen some with 15-20 hours of battery power which would be very convenient.

Pricing is all over the map, from $100 - $1000+.

What model do you own?

Would you buy it again? Why/why not?

Is it easy to pick up and move around?

What should I be looking for?

TIA.

Posts: 29477 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this for around the house/backyard, or truly portable?

Posts: 288 | Location: just south of Napa Valley | Registered: Jul 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and are we talking about plugging in some audiophile speakers?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 10926 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keytohwy:
Is this for around the house/backyard,

Posts: 29477 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
and are we talking about plugging in some audiophile speakers?

Portable docking station, like
Sonos, or Bowers and Wilkins or ???

posted Hide Post
I much prefer connecting via bluetooth than docking. That way you can still multitask on your iphone or other device which is not possible if it is docked.

For an ultra compact speaker, I just bought the Juice MG4 Micro Bluetooth Speaker Pod for $40 at costco (about the size of a small V8 can). Perfect for my intended use which is to play music at the beach or other remote location.

VM

Posts: 12057 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what I have; very nice sound quality, portable and has bluetooth connectivity. Highly recommended.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1447 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post