WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    People who bother me...
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who bother me...
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deryl1:
So when I see someone park illegally in a handicapped stall I applaud it because they were willing to risk the ticket so that I could have a legal space. THANK YOU!

Very stupid post, Deryl. There are people who need those parking spaces. I applaud your stupidity and insensitivity to the needs of those disadvantaged.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37116 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
So when I see someone park illegally in a handicapped stall I applaud it because they were willing to risk the ticket so that I could have a legal space. THANK YOU!

Very stupid post, Deryl. There are people who need those parking spaces. I applaud your stupidity and insensitivity to the needs of those disadvantaged.

+10 As one who just had some serious abdominal surgery, I need to use (temporarily) a handicapped space. I might not look handicapped, but I can only walk short distances (and cannot lift anything over 10lb) for a few months. So, people like Deryl, and those he applauds, piss me off.

"But, if ye wish her grateful prayer,
Gie her a haggis!" -Robert Burns

Posts: 1672 | Location: Traded Paradise for the frozen Finger Lakes | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:

+10 As one who just had some serious abdominal surgery, I need to use (temporarily) a handicapped space. I might not look handicapped, but I can only walk short distances (and cannot lift anything over 10lb) for a few months. So, people like Deryl, and those he applauds, piss me off.

A very STRONG response. Deryl you are a real jerk. Sorry for calling you a jerk, but you deserve it. I am handicapped, with an artifical hip. I cannot walk far nor fast. I need that space. Some days I am fine, and others I have the pain, and have a hard time even getting out of a car.

You would also be the one that says I don't need the space on my good days when I do walk well.

People like you are the ipitome [sp] of "People that bother me'... I do hope that you never have a medical issue.

Note to my brethern here: Sorry for the rant.

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6454 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feeling the love yet Deryl? Big Grin

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13669 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Feeling the love yet Deryl? Big Grin

His other comments re rest rooms are off the wall too. Ramps are required for wheel chairs, even if only used once or so a day. I have had to push wheelchairs as a medic for my patients. Yes they are needed. As for the stalls, try to get a wheelchair turned and set in a 30" wide space.

In the State of Florida licensed contractors MUST pass an ADA class to get their GC license. They also need to understand the code for such.

Deryl needs to operate as a handicapped person for a day or so, and then he would realize the why these facilities are required. Maybe we can get him a 'Texas traveler' in case he gets stuck. Big Grin

Posts: 6454 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys sure do b!tch a lot.

It is to be expected. This is a wine forum where men are fussy about food and beverages.

Posts: 8799 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
Maybe we can get him a 'Texas traveler' in case he gets stuck. Big Grin

What's a 'Texas Traveler'? Confused

Posts: 2962 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Maybe we can get him a 'Texas traveler' in case he gets stuck. Big Grin

What's a 'Texas Traveler'? Confused

External cathater, with tube down leg to a holding bag. Get the picture? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
I'm guessing that many of not most instances of lip synching are due to the event and organizers rather than the performer.

much like the reason to dope is due to the event and the rest of the field rather than the performer.

Should have lip synced the whole event. That would include the speaches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI1kq6CA_38

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12504 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys. In no way did I say or infer that accessibility isn't needed or deserved. Only that we are putting in excess capacity from my perspective. That is going to vary between locales depending on local demographics.
I install the facilities and make sure they comply, and I never park in a handicapped stall.

Posts: 378 | Location: Huntington Beach, Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bush-league hockey refs that call on a penalty on you, then go ask the other team what happened.

coulda sworn i was the one getting punched by the goalie.....

Posts: 1704 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to admit, there seems to be more handicapped spots than necessary around town....maybe handicapped people are just cheap and don't shop much. Razz

Posts: 2068 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
Have to admit, there seems to be more handicapped spots than necessary around town....maybe handicapped people are just cheap and don't shop much. Razz

State and Fed law dictate the percentage of places required. However there are inadequate parts in it. Our local medical facility that caters to old people has a parking lot for 173 cars yet only 3 places assigned. Real crazy. For those that have a need, there aren’t any.
Our Golf club has valet parking area and has 5 places assigned, and 3 for the close in parking by the valets. The exercise area only has three for 125.

posted Hide Post
People who keep dropping off PHONEBOOKS at my house!! Mad Just yesterday there was a gigantic one in my mailbox!!! I just have to cut the shrink wrap off them to put them in the recycling bin.

Does anyone use the phone book these days??? Confused

PH

Posts: 15354 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always throw them out as soon as they show up at the front door.

But then my wife scolds me... Apparently she is one of the few remaining people who use them.

So, if they make it into the house, then they can stay. But if I get my hands on them before then, they are goners.

Posts: 6566 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a person, but I had when wine stores (usually via email) offer some wine you've never heard of and then show a quote from a wine critic that pertains to the vintage not that actual wine. Been seeing a lot of that with 2010 Bordeaux and S. Rhone.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2844 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
People who keep dropping off PHONEBOOKS at my house!! Mad Just yesterday there was a gigantic one in my mailbox!!! I just have to cut the shrink wrap off them to put them in the recycling bin.

PH

big +1

Posts: 1743 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

PH

when the wife is 5'1" it comes in handy ;-)

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12504 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

PH

Phone books, LOL We have not had a land line in years, much less looking up a phone number.

I have not taken any newspapers ( local, WSJ) in years ( online only) yet the freaking DMN still throws some part of their paper in my yard four times a week. Mad We go to the mailbox once a week, pick up the mail, papers then straight to recycle bin.

Posts: 30394 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys sure do b!tch a lot.

I think you mean we "wine" a lot.

Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια
En Vino Veritas

Posts: 289 | Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: Dec 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

PH

Phone books, LOL We have not had a land line in years, much less looking up a phone number.

I have not taken any newspapers ( local, WSJ) in years ( online only) yet the freaking DMN still throws some part of their paper in my yard four times a week. Mad We go to the mailbox once a week, pick up the mail, papers then straight to recycle bin.

Still get two papers a day, like the feel of the newspaper, and also the 'ceremony' if you will of sitting down with the paper when the kids are in bed. We do recycle them.

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 1034 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like getting the local papers.

The Sunday paper sure is a disappointment these days. I used to be able to sit down and spend a couple of hours going through the Sunday edition. Now, it usually takes about 20 minutes.

Posts: 6566 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also a newspaper guy. Perhaps that also makes me a "get off my damn lawn" guy. Except I have a townhouse and don't own (or need to maintain) lawn.

Posts: 5564 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:

The Sunday paper sure is a disappointment these days. I used to be able to sit down and spend a couple of hours going through the Sunday edition. Now, it usually takes about 20 minutes.

Mondays is a 5 minute read. What nothing happens in a county of 1 MILLION over a weekend, and no real news of the nation or world/ The post S&#%s.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:

What gets me now is reading the local paper, finding it's mostly recycled stories from other sources, and having to endure all the spelling and grammatical errors. My high school paper had higher standards than this. Ack

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6885 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post