Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hall of Fame
 Login/Join 
posted
By inducting no one into the 2013 class, baseball's writers have sent a message about how they view the steroid pumped up players of the time. But how does that compare to
-spitballers eg Gaylord Perry, Stan Coveleski
-amphetamine users
-gamblers eg Pete Rose, Joe Jackson, Ed Cicotte

Question:
If you could vote these players in the MLB HOF, whom would you pick?

Choices:
1. Pete Rose
2. Barry Bonds
3. Both
4. None

Posts: 2764 | Location: Virginia Beach,VA | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how many choices are allowed in a poll here. It'd be nice IMO if there were a choice of "yes, but after a wait of several years for Bonds". Rose, while a d-bag for not admitting to gambling until it was financially beneficial for him, has done his time and should get in.

Posts: 847 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does piazza fit into all this?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12078 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NONE Of The Above

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6332 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
really one of the best hitting catchers of all time.?!?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12078 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both should be in.

Posts: 6487 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mind says neither, but my heart says Charlie Hustle.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2926 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a yes on Rose and a no on Barry......

PH

Posts: 15093 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post