Notify
Tools

Greetings from...
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
Tikal

I don't suppose you're passing through here, are you?

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10538 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I will be in Guatemala City on Friday before I leave on Saturday. Staying in Zone 10.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
Looks like I will be in Guatemala City on Friday before I leave on Saturday. Staying in Zone 10.

I work in Zone 10, live in Zone 14 - any chance you'd like to meet for a late-ish lunch or supper? My wife and daughter fly in at 9pm but I'm available until then. Some nice places here, several allow BYO. If you're interested let me know and I'll post my email.

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10538 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be a very good thing, thank you. Just need to see what time my appointments are scheduled as I am waiting for confirmation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juicy,

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sunny, 81 degree Florida

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36440 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucky you were not here last week when it rained for 7 days straight - I thought we were in Seattle

Posts: 5583 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grand Cayman. Fabulous!

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justme:
Grand Cayman. Fabulous!

Enjoying your retirement much? Smile

Posts: 2883 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snowmass. Skiing is good. I wish my knees were up to the task!

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2823 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Napa Valley

Posts: 1084 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd be typing in something else, but I seem to be spending the day at O'hare....

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3363 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leesburg, VA, woohoo!

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3363 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SD-Wineaux:
Enjoying your retirement much? Smile

Immeasurably!!! Today we're at the Kennedy Space Center. So inspiring, makes me proud to be American.

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Munich, a culinary/sightseeing/soccer weekend.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1750 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:

Excellent!

Posts: 29649 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice!! Are you planning some nice meals out, or doing the casual Bavarian thing?

Posts: 761 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:

Nice!! Are you planning some nice meals out, or doing the casual Bavarian thing?

Well first let me say FC Bayern won 2-0 vs Schalke, by two beautiful goals from Frank Ribery.
As for the diner meals, not really casual Bavarian, yesterday at "Schuhbecks Südtiroler Stuben", today in Restaurant 181 on top of the TV-Tower.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1750 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well first let me say FC Bayern won 2-0 vs Schalke, by two beautiful goals from Frank Ribery.

I knew there was a reason I like you. Wink Another Bayern fan! Cool

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13321 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:

I knew there was a reason I like you. Wink Another Bayern fan! Cool

I knew I should have worn my FC Bayern jersey to church today. Wink

Posts: 29649 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
two beautiful goals from Frank Ribery.

You spelled "girls" wrong. Razz

As for Bayern, is that the team who was beaten by Basel the other day? Razz

Posts: 9705 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:

I assure you, Steve, this time it was goals, not girls. As for FC Basel, the 2nd match would be boring for the Munich spectators, if they had won the first match by 5-0 already. So they decided to let Basel win the first game.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MoselleLuxemburg,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:

Yep they sure are. Remind me now how many points Chelski is behind City? Razz

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13321 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17 points behind and in the position I predicted they would be before the season started. They are a team with deep problems, no question about it.

I just like to rib the Bayern supporters when I have the chance, you know that. But I do think Ribery is a piece of sh*t.

Posts: 9705 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to interrupt the sports talk but I feel compelled to state my current location away from home basis the title of the thread.

Chicago!

Posts: 2518 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good idea, difficult to continue the conversation after steve8's qualified comment anyway.