Tools

Greetings from...
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Irvine, CA
thanks for bringing the rain!

Posts: 6540 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Irvine, CA
thanks for bringing the rain!

I know. But it sure beats the minus 23 degree weather I left behind!

Posts: 2849 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leesburg, VA

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3494 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emeryville, CA

Posts: 2559 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clearlake Oaks, Ca
Lake County, Upcoming Wine Destination!!!

Posts: 48 | Location: Clearlake Oaks, Ca | Registered: Feb 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
West Bend, WI.

Fly into Milwaukee, walk outside the airport and stand there until your left nut falls off. Then drive north an hour, get out of your car and stand there until your right nut falls off. You're now in West Bend, WI.

Expecting a freaking blizzard or some such nonsense tomorrow morning. Yes, I'm supposed to fly home tomorrow morning. We'll see about that.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13606 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WIML, after reading your note, it's sounds like you are now all meat and no potatoes Cool

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5776 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well marbled meat at that.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13606 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
WIML, after reading your note, it's sounds like you are now all meat and no potatoes Cool

LOL

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6131 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the frank and no beans?

Posts: 2411 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Munich. Travel "season" is starting again...

Posts: 808 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunny Ft. Lauderdale.

Posts: 3174 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Houston, TX

Posts: 2559 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kristiansand, Norway

Posts: 1574 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
Kristiansand, Norway

Oh man, I've been there. What are you there for?

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3494 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Business. I'm usually here 2 or 3 times a year.

Posts: 1574 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was there I actually stayed in Grimstad up the coast a bit, for a conference.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
This is a nice area, except for the prices. Unleaded gas is US$10.50 per gallon. Eek

posted Hide Post
How can the gas prices be so high? Norway is one of the largest producers of oil.

I suppose they just tax the heck out of it in order to provide the citizens with wonderful social and health care programs.

Posts: 6498 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
How can the gas prices be so high? Norway is one of the largest producers of oil.

I suppose they just tax the heck out of it in order to provide the citizens with wonderful social and health care programs.

Don't give Obama ideas 2 Cents

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6388 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
This is a nice area, except for the prices. Unleaded gas is US$10.50 per gallon. Eek

Wine isn't cheap in Norway either.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:

I suppose they just tax the heck out of it in order to provide the citizens with wonderful average social and health care programs.

Fixed. Many Norwegians that I know would rather have their money back.

posted Hide Post
Orlando

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jute Street Neighborhood market in Johannesburg, South Africa. Cool place; food and craft beers and plenty of nice looking people. Cool

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1626 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bloomingdale, IL

Posts: 2849 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post