Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings from...
 Login/Join 
posted
Kind of a fun thread to keep up with people, where they are and what they're up to. Lifted this idea from another site started by NorCalVinoLover.

Greetings from...

Encore, Las Vegas, NV.

I'd heard Lost Wages was really hurting but you wouldn't think it based on the sold out flight, number of people out walking around and the traffic. I guess March Madness is giving these guys out here a big boost.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13678 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister has been giving the Vegas economy a BIG boost too. And they canceled her flight back here already, so she can contribute even more.

Damn white out here, a full on blizzard. Wish I was ANYWHERE else right now.

Moo

Your share of the national debt has increased by $16.043.39 from 01/21/09 - 04/17/12. Have you wondered how high this would be if you had the wonderful Brit banking regulators instead?

When the federal budget deficit stands at $1.5 trillion, the spectacle of congressmen and senators waxing indignant about the irresponsibility of others is laughable.

Due to the recession and new environmental restrictions imposed by the EPA, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Posts: 1113 | Location: East BF, Egypt | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sacred Cow:
My sister has been giving the Vegas economy a BIG boost too. And they canceled her flight back here already, so she can contribute even more.

Moo

My brother's fiancee is from Fargo, ND. Would you rather be there?

Posts: 3010 | Location: San Luis Obispo, CA | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, Fargo. A nice float trip would be nice right about now.

Moo

Your share of the national debt has increased by $16.043.39 from 01/21/09 - 04/17/12. Have you wondered how high this would be if you had the wonderful Brit banking regulators instead?

When the federal budget deficit stands at $1.5 trillion, the spectacle of congressmen and senators waxing indignant about the irresponsibility of others is laughable.

Due to the recession and new environmental restrictions imposed by the EPA, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Posts: 1113 | Location: East BF, Egypt | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah, Fargo. A nice float trip would be nice right about now.

Moo

Big Grin

Posts: 3010 | Location: San Luis Obispo, CA | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dannyk8232:
quote:

Moo

Does she have that...accent? Big Grin Wink

Posts: 15751 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suppose to be flying to Nashville tommorrow!

Things are not looking good!

Why do we have to get this snow now? Mad

Posts: 1916 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
quote:

Moo

Does she have that...accent? Big Grin Wink

Yep. Wearing off a bit now that she's lived in Los Angeles for a year and a half. Possibly the worst accent ever.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Moo

Since when does it snow in Egypt? And, where is this BF? Wink

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8895 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings from Yosemite. I took a drive up the Merced River canyon to view the wildflowers. Absolutely stunning. Entire hillsides covered in poppies and lupine. I wish there was a way to post a photo or two here.

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Possibly the worst accent ever.

You obviously don't have enough experience with people from Boston!

"I'm going back to gator country where the wine and the women are free" - Molly Hatchet

Posts: 3283 | Location: Valrico, Florida | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or long island. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Chilepepper:
You obviously don't have enough experience with people from Boston!

-----------------------------

Go Yankees! Razz

Posts: 8463 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spring Break!!!!

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow it will be greetings from AT&T Park and the Giants home opener. Big Grin Razz

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be watching it at home justme. I hope it doesn't rain on you!!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
I will be watching it at home justme. I hope it doesn't rain on you!!!!

It's ok if it does, we also have tickets for Thursday's game. I must really love my husband to treat him to 2 games in one trip.

posted Hide Post
I hope you enjoyed the game, I know my boys and I did!!!!

posted Hide Post
Beautiful Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Very sleepy now that Wolf Creek has closed for the season, just what the doctor ordered for me. But the golf course is open. Cool

It's always fun to tear up a non-local course during the first rounds of the season.

The only question is, will I be here for one night, a week, 10 days? Or maybe for life. I know I don't feel like facing the real world right now. Not if there are people in it. Big Grin

Moo

posted Hide Post
Sacred Cow;

Did you make it out to LA and the game alright with your son last weekend? Hope so!

Posts: 1916 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barely. The 7:30 flight was canceled. The 10:30 we rebooked to ended up leaving just after 12:30. Made it to the game and sat down just as the Dodgers made the third out in the bottom of the 7th. But it was a great 1-1/2 innings. Big Grin

Great weekend though, thanks for asking Sandy.

Moo

posted Hide Post
Marriott Kauai Lagoons Beach Resort, Lihue, Kauai

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13678 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amsterdam!

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thirsty man:
Amsterdam!

I always enjoy Amsterdam.

I hope you have time away from work to enjoy the city.

Posts: 30399 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Washington D.C.

The only dining experience of note - I think - will be at the Capitol Grille tomorrow night.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6195 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Portland yesterday and today, Willamette Valley tomorrow.

"This is the strangest life I've ever known."

Posts: 1358 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post