Tools

Greetings from...
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Ireland.

Fantastic. Drink a Guinness for me.

Posts: 3239 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ireland.

What ye be sippin' on, laddie?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37154 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Ireland.

What ye be sippin' on, laddie?
. We always start off a trip with Champagne, silly man. Wink

Posts: 30394 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Irish whiskey?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37154 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top a' the morning to ya, Laddy Wink

Posts: 15748 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ireland.

Cool

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6195 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My basement. The man cave is complete (pool table re-assembled and eco-fuel mini-fireplace installed). Other than hanging some pictures, the job is finally complete. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the renovation. Considering my limited budget and age of the home, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5866 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
My basement. The man cave is complete (pool table re-assembled and eco-fuel mini-fireplace installed). Other than hanging some pictures, the job is finally complete. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the renovation. Considering my limited budget and age of the home, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin

Noted! Big Grin

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10791 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Castlemartyr Resort, near Cork Ireland.

Posts: 30394 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dromoland Castle Resort.

posted Hide Post
W+A - not sure if you saw it or not, but I posted my buddies' recap of Dromoland on the Ireland thread. The usefulness may be limited given their focus but hope it helps...

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 2004 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin

I believe you know my address Cool

Posts: 15748 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
W+A - not sure if you saw it or not, but I posted my buddies' recap of Dromoland on the Ireland thread. The usefulness may be limited given their focus but hope it helps...

I did indeed, thank you.

We enjoyed the Cliffs of Moher today.

I have a Dover sole tagged tonight for dinner, and will pick out a bottle or two worthy of such greatness.

posted Hide Post
quote:
We enjoyed the Cliffs of Moher today.

great place, i hope the weather was appropriate.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1951 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laguna Beach

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SoHo, New York. Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
SoHo, New York. Cool

Fáilte ar ais Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
SoHo, New York. Cool

Fáilte ar ais Smile

Thank you. We are about to head out on the town for dinner, wine and?

Tomorrow...Galleries ! Cool

posted Hide Post
Nice of you to let us know! How long will you be here?

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
checking in from the costiera amalfitano. That is, the Amalfi Coast, in Italy. WE've been to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, Raito, Vietri, Naples, Salerno and will be going to Pompeii tomorrow. Have had some local wines that are in the upper limits of tolerable. Today got served a carafe of sparkling still wine. It was not Prosecco, and was not tolerable. got replaced by red rather promptly. The other day, VP Biden and his wife were here at our hotel, but I didn't see them.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7215 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Irwin, one of the great places on earth, enjoy!

Also glad to hear you did not have to endure Biden. Smile

posted Hide Post
Have fun, irwin. I hope Vini da Gigio is in your plans. I look forward to reading of your experiences when you return.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
Biden apparently was at a conference in <rome.< why he came down here for a 30 minute stop is unknown, at least to me.
Had a nice dinner tonight with pork, roasted in mixed salad, some lasagna stuffed with spinach, pork roasted in hazelnuts (which was terrific) and washed down with Aglianico 2007, a DOC wine, but I didn,t write down the producer. Sorry for the typing, but the keys seem to be in different places. I am looking forward to the trip to Pompeii.

Posts: 7215 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy Pompeii, Irwin.

I have heard they have installed plexiglass over many of the fresco's recently due to vandalism. I hope this is not the case.

I also remember having to explain a few things after one of our visits with our children. Big Grin

Like Board-O, I look forward to hearing about your trip.

posted Hide Post
only plexiglass was over the dead pompeiians.
after a day on Capri, today we climbed up to the top of Vesuvius. tomorrow, on to Venice.
many details to follow.