Find
Notify
Tools

NFL 2012
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the Cowboys. Big Grin

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6122 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
What a statement by the Dirtybirds today. Unfortunately there will be more talk about how poorly the G-men played than how well the birds played in an important statement game for them.

That was a very impressive win by the Falcons, and much more a result of their excellent play rather than poor play by the Giants.

It was impressive. It seems to me that anybody can beat anybody at home on any given sunday. The saints were pathetic last week and the giants looked invincible; this week the saints shutout TB and the giant's get shut out. PARITY.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1604 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
The Redskins manned-up today without their young leader. Kudos to Kirk Cousins for keeping his head. Props to Kyle Shanahan for calling the perfect game for this young rookie replacement QB. Man, it's been way too long since I was interested in a Redskins' season in December.... Winner

PH

Nice win. Don't be fooled though, Cleveland has a lot of young talent that isn't polished yet (ex. Weeden's pick 6 to start 2nd half was terrible). And a terrible head coach, who was clearly outclassed today.

Cousins played well today, you have a talented back up.

Skipping the game to spend the day with my boys was easy today..

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 961 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sooooo glad I'm not emotionally invested in the Lions. Against them today, the Cardinals passed for just 97 yards, with 0 TD and 1 INT, and rushed for only 99 yards on 29 carries. Yet the Lions manage to lose 38 to 10. Eek

The 4 turnovers by the Lions had to be the worst collection of 4 turnovers you could possibly have--two pick-6, another INT returned to the 3 yd. line, and a muffed punt recovered on Detroit's 5 yd. line. And to add additional insult to injury, the Lions turn it over on downs on their own 29. Longest scoring drive all game by Arizona was 30 yards.

Bang

The curse of Bobby Layne lives on...

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3119 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the 49ers running over the patriots...

crazy season

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3484 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:

crazy season

ahem

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3484 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

crazy season

ahem

Wow. I nearly turned it off.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
Brady is bringing them back Cutler-style. Big Grin

Posts: 5474 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
#%$!*Redskins have reeled me back in.

RGIII...... Eek Bow

PH

I found it sad watching two historic franchises now both 5-6. Frown

Now tied atop the NFC East. Strange world. See you guys in two weeks!!

PH

Posts: 15181 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Super Bowk had a preview last night Good game 49ers!! Got to watch Brady though.

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6361 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After what happened yesterday there's no way any of my hard earned cash will be wagered on a Super Bowl bet this year. If only New England could have shown me just a bit more ability then I'd have at least my AFC pick. Now who's to say that Indy won't make it there?

As for the NFC someone's got to beat Russell Wilson and the Seahawks especially now that he's got his road game on. I'll go 40/40/20 Falcons, 49'ers, Seahawks.

Posts: 1686 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:

As for the NFC someone's got to beat Russell Wilson and the Seahawks especially now that he's got his road game on. I'll go 40/40/20 Falcons, 49'ers, Seahawks.

There's more than a little too much hype around the Seahawks and their alleged road prowess. They beat Arizona, which is terrible, and Buffalo in a neutral site. Also hope karma comes back to bite that douche Pete Carroll for that bush league fake punt call when up by 30. Just cemented what an a$$hat that guy is.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2411 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
There's more than a little too much hype around the Seahawks and their alleged road prowess. They beat Arizona, which is terrible, and Buffalo in a neutral site. Also hope karma comes back to bite that douche Pete Carroll for that bush league fake punt call when up by 30. Just cemented what an a$$hat that guy is.

I don’t know anyone who is saying the Seachickens have road prowess, they’re 3-5 on “the road” with wins over Carolina, Chicago, and the Bills on a neutral site... but at the same time I don’t think you can argue against the fact they are playing well at a point in the season you need to and winning games “you’re supposed to” if you’re going to make it to the playoffs...

as a Seahawks fan I’m not going to pretend I’m not a little biased... and to be honest, I also don’t know what to think of them as well... the quality teams they have beaten this year were struggling when the Hawks beat them (or didn’t in the case, of GB) and their losses have been to some of the lesser opponents on their schedule (except for SF). at the same time, 4 out of the 5 losses have been by less than a TD (and the 5th by only a TD) and three of them (AZ, DET, and MIA) were cases where Seattle had the lead and they lossed on game winning drives by the other team... basically, they’ve been in every game they have played, which I don’t think is the case for any other team this year (I say this anecdotally because the only team I see every week is Seattle).

i do agree with you regarding Petey (and Richard Sherman as well)... but as long as he wins (and Sherman plays like a Pro Bowl CB) Petey can do whatever he wants in my book!

Posts: 4208 | Location: Southern Calif | Registered: Jul 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that the biggest knock on Seattle was the fact that they were (huge asterisk) undefeated at home and winless on the road until recently. The NFL talking heads seem to be using the most recent wins to show that the road woes are no longer and I'm saying hold your horses, they wins, while somewhat impressive, are hardly indicative of a team to be reckoned with. Seattle beat two bad teams (the Bears are a bad team right now) and a decent team at a neutral site. Seattle has been a surprise this year, Russel Wilson has made a huge difference IMO, but I still don't think they're good enough to win on the road in the playoffs.

Posts: 2411 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems to me that the biggest knock on Seattle was the fact that they were (huge asterisk) undefeated at home and winless on the road until recently. The NFL talking heads seem to be using the most recent wins to show that the road woes are no longer and I'm saying hold your horses, they wins, while somewhat impressive, are hardly indicative of a team to be reckoned with. Seattle beat two bad teams (the Bears are a bad team right now) and a decent team at a neutral site. Seattle has been a surprise this year, Russel Wilson has made a huge difference IMO, but I still don't think they're good enough to win on the road in the playoffs.

I'm inclined to agree with CSM. They beat the Bears, but not easily, and the Bears really aren't playing well right now.

I'm pretty jealous of all these rookie QBs that are playing great for other teams.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
I think the margins of victory for their road wins says a little something about the team. Winning on the road is difficult for any team against nearly any opponent. To do so in such resounding fashion shows something about the team, IMO. I guess time will tell...I think they beat the Niners this Sunday by 7.

Cheers!

Posts: 2902 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think we're all agreeing with CSM just saying it in different ways - except that winless on the road til recently part, they did beat Carolina in Week 5 Wink but i totally agree with what you're saying... and until they do win a road playoff game i completely agree with CSM on that point... though i will say, when compared to the Colts & Skins (two other teams with rookie QBs in the playoff hunt) i would rank them behind the Skins and ahead of the Colts if i had to rank order the three in terms of which had a better chance to win a road playoff game

Posts: 4208 | Location: Southern Calif | Registered: Jul 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
I think the margins of victory for their road wins says a little something about the team. Winning on the road is difficult for any team against nearly any opponent. To do so in such resounding fashion shows something about the team, IMO. I guess time will tell...I think they beat the Niners this Sunday by 7.

Yeah, they beat the Bears by 7 in overtime. Could easily have gone the other way.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:

Hoping they do. Even if they win by 1 it's enough. I want a first round bye for the Packers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm pretty jealous of all these rookie QBs that are playing great for other teams.

The Bears have a really good QB, just an absolutely atrocious OL (and really only one weapon at WR). It's kind of astonishing that Chicago invested all that $ and high draft picks in Cutler and refuse to get him any help on the OL. Also, why anyone continues to hire Mike Tice to do anything but sell programs or scalp Super Bowl tickets is beyond me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Bears have a really good QB, just an absolutely atrocious OL (and really only one weapon at WR). It's kind of astonishing that Chicago invested all that $ and high draft picks in Cutler and refuse to get him any help on the OL. Also, why anyone continues to hire Mike Tice to do anything but sell programs or scalp Super Bowl tickets is beyond me.

Well, the Packers have a worse OL and it doesn't seem to slow Aaron Rogers down that much. Of course he's probably the 2nd best QB in the game these days, but still.

Yeah, I think Cutler has some ability and it would be helped if he had another couple of solid receivers and a tight-end who could catch a pass. But, man, look at these young guys and imagine the futures for all these teams: the Redskins, the Seahawks, the 49ers, the Colts, all of them have first year QBs who look like they will be big stars.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
Kaepernick is a second year guy, but I won't quibble about your assessment of him. Wink

Quite the range of emotions at the DVD household last night!!!

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Kaepernick is a second year guy, but I won't quibble about your assessment of him. Wink

Same range at the Icewino home too. Polar opposites at the end I'm guessing. Hope they meet again in a few weeks.

Posts: 2299 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:

Same range at the Icewino home too. Polar opposites at the end I'm guessing. Hope they meet again in a few weeks.

Niners need to win the division and get a first round bye. Seahawks are close given a few calls . Can't miss on so many opportunities again this week.

Posts: 1879 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NFC East. We're not so good, but we're sure entertaining!! Eek

PH

Posts: 15181 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post