Find
Notify
Tools

NFL 2012
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
Chargers, wow. A lot of people are passing on their season tickets.

But they do have the prettiest uniforms in the league. Very nice shade of blue that.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3483 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
I sick of ALL the attention paid to his death ( ESPN et al.)

The man murdered a young women and the mother of a small infant. My sympathy is with the murdered mother, her infant child and her family and friends.

+1. I don't care what was going on in the man's life, there was no justification for what he did. It was despicable.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mayans were right...my Browns won 2 in a row Winner

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 959 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Important NFC East game tonight. The Skins should give us a good indication of their desire to make this season meaningful by their play tonight. Win or lose, they need to show up.

Go friggin' Skins!!! LOL

PH

Posts: 15162 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forwarded by a friend.

Terrorism in San Diego

SAN DIEGO (CA) -- San Diego Chargers football practice was delayed
nearly two hours yesterday after a player reported finding an
unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach
Norv Turner immediately suspended practice and called the police and
federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts
determined that the white substance unknown to players was the
GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team
was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
Forwarded by a friend.

Terrorism in San Diego

SAN DIEGO (CA) -- San Diego Chargers football practice was delayed
nearly two hours yesterday after a player reported finding an
unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach
Norv Turner immediately suspended practice and called the police and
federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts
determined that the white substance unknown to players was the
GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team
was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Spit

Posts: 1569 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
I sick of ALL the attention paid to his death ( ESPN et al.)

The man murdered a young women and the mother of a small infant. My sympathy is with the murdered mother, her infant child and her family and friends.

+1. I don't care what was going on in the man's life, there was no justification for what he did. It was despicable.

Agreed. Why do people kill others before taking their own lives?

Posts: 1256 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Maverick:
'da BEARS suck.

So you'll stop picking them every week? Devilish

Big Grin
Never thougth at the beginning of the year that I'd be thrilled with 7-5 for the Seahacks.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6807 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow!! Cool

Nice job, Skins!!

PH

Posts: 15162 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Holy Cow!! Cool

Nice job, Skins!!

PH

Skins have a good shot at beating the Ravens next week. The Redskins have a decent pass offense and the Ravens pass rush hasn't been there, and now Suggs may be out again. Ravens playing without Ray Lewis, without Suggs and without Lardarius Webb, all 1st rate defensive players, and the game is at Washington.
On the other hand, I could be totally wrong.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7157 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Maverick:
'da BEARS suck.

So you'll stop picking them every week? Devilish

Big Grin
Never thougth at the beginning of the year that I'd be thrilled with 7-5 for the Seahacks.

They're only 7-5 with a huge asterisk.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The San Diego UT is reporting both Norv Turner and AJ Smith will be fired at the end of the season. Winner

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a great 30/30 piece by ESPN on Bo Jackson. What a phenomenal athlete.

Posts: 5143 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor Chargers.

Only death is free, and even that costs you your life

Posts: 1905 | Registered: Apr 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is wrong with these players? Guns and cars. Losing players weekly via guns and cars. can't shoot straight or drive.

NFL = National Felony League Eek

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6358 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only is it the National Felony League, but they keep changing the rules. Watch the "unnecesary roughness" call on the Bengals CB against Dallas' Bryant as he breaks up a pass and tell me this sport has a clue.

Rage rage against the dying of the light

Posts: 418 | Location: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Nov 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I see the Bears winning another game.

Posts: 5473 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
ravens win in OT.

Whew!

The Ravens field goal kicker, Tucker, sings opera in 5 languages.
9-2.
Next week we have the Steelers at home. The Ravens are the worst 9-2 team in NFL history.

And now, one of the worse 9-4 teams in history.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7157 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

When all hope seems lost...look at that last game of the year against the Lions.

Posts: 3235 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
There's a great 30/30 piece by ESPN on Bo Jackson. What a phenomenal athlete.

Probably the best athlete I've seen in my lifetime. Amazing natural tabilities and acquired skills. Don't know who'd even be close. Does seem dumb as a rock in all the interviews I've ever seen him do though. Can't have it all I suppose.

Posts: 2299 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Seahawks DST earned me 41 Fantasy points yesterday against the Cards with 0 points, 3 sacks, 4 interceptions, 4 fumbles and 2 TDs. Cool

Posts: 1684 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They play Arizona in 2 weeks. They'll win that one for sure.

posted Hide Post
PH, the Browns vs. 'Skins game should be interesting ONLY if RG3 is out. If he plays I may go to the game, want to get a close up glimpse.

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 959 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:

They play Arizona in 2 weeks. They'll win that one for sure.

Watching the Bears the last few weeks has been really disappointing. They have a lot of stuff going for them, but can't seem to put it all together at the same time.

I remain hopeful. The above situation sounds like the Giants last year - hopping along looking really awful then everything came together when it counted.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3483 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
...looking really awful then everything came together when it no longer counted.

Fixed to describe the Chargers. Frown

Posts: 2950 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post