Tools

Cigar smokers?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
I haven't had a cigar in months; that needs to change, SOON.

Dont remember you posting that you smoked Giga? What do you enjoy?

I only smoke 4-5 cigars a year.

I typically enjoy Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, and Padrón.

The Padrón 1926 Serie 80 Years is the finest cigar that I have enjoyed, to date.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6059 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Padrón 1926 Serie 80 Years is the finest cigar that I have enjoyed, to date.

I can fix that Smile

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2729 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can fix that Smile

Do tell!

I believe that you have my mailing/shipping address. Banana

Posts: 6059 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can fix that Smile

Warning: he cheats... to your advantage. Cool I'm just curious to see what the godfather will choose. Padron 80 is a high bar, to be sure.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's been covered here before, if so, I apologize for the repeat question but here I go: can one bring dried up cigars back to life by keeping them in a properly set up humidor? I have been more diligent about keeping my humidor at the right humidity level and when I opened it to check tonight, I just got a great whiff of those old cigars, so I'm thinking that might have done the trick. What do you think?

Posts: 47 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Jun 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can fix that Smile

Warning: he cheats... to your advantage. Cool I'm just curious to see what the godfather will choose. Padron 80 is a high bar, to be sure.

Devilish

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gsmfan:
Maybe it's been covered here before, if so, I apologize for the repeat question but here I go: can one bring dried up cigars back to life by keeping them in a properly set up humidor? I have been more diligent about keeping my humidor at the right humidity level and when I opened it to check tonight, I just got a great whiff of those old cigars, so I'm thinking that might have done the trick. What do you think?

gsmfan - My understanding is yes you can bring them back with a few months of R&R in a humidor. It sounds like it worked out well in your case.

Posts: 3128 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be 70 this weekend, and I'm thinking a BHK 56 will be in order.

Posts: 30038 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
It will be 70 this weekend

Those of us experiencing frozen, crunchy nosehairs this morning don't like you very much with this kind of post. Razz

Posts: 5405 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From another Thread...
quote:
Tyee, good to see you posting.

I may enjoy the cigar you gifted me this year while we were in Vegas.

I hope you enjoy the rope w+a.

The Vegas Cigar Offline was a Blast!

Canadian weather?
Nine months of hockey and three months of bad ice.

Posts: 2243 | Location: Vanc. Island, B.C. Canada | Registered: Dec 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I experienced by first 56 a few weeks ago. While I prefer the 54, overall, this is an absolutely gorgeous cigar all around.

Posts: 15442 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have another trip to Vegas coming up in March. Just in case anybody wants to fly out for the weekend and smoke cigars. Just saying.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13461 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
It will be 70 this weekend

Those of us experiencing frozen, crunchy nosehairs this morning don't like you very much with this kind of post. Razz

Ha... 70 again today, a dusting of snow on Christmas, but back in the 60's within 48 hours.

I love Chicago, in the summer. Wink

Posts: 30038 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife put the following in my Christmas stocking:

Montecristo Epic Series Selection '07 No. 2
Arturo Fuente Reserva Xtra Viejo #48

Cool

On a related note, I received a very nice care package in the mail today.

Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:

Cool

Godfather?

Posts: 15442 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had my 1st cigar in over 10 days yesterday, on a balmy 28 degree sunny day....

Opus X BBMF 05'

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:

Cool

Godfather?

Nah....secret Santa Wink

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I experienced by first 56 a few weeks ago. While I prefer the 54, overall, this is an absolutely gorgeous cigar all around.

I have only had the BHK 52 and 56. K how about a cigar after the offline this Sat? We should be done early. Just need to find a place. I have cigars waiting in the humidor Wink

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 713 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
K how about a cigar after the offline this Sat? We should be done early. Just need to find a place. I have cigars waiting in the humidor Wink

Sounds like a plan if we can find the place Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
K how about a cigar after the offline this Sat? We should be done early. Just need to find a place. I have cigars waiting in the humidor Wink

Sounds like a plan if we can find the place Cool

There are only a few cigar lounges in Montreal. The only one sort of near is Stogies on crescent. They do let you bring your own cigars.

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 713 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are only a few cigar lounges in Montreal. The only one sort of near is Stogies on crescent. They do let you bring your own cigars.

Been there many times, UC, and know it well.
That could be a good place, if not our home
(D may allow said smoking one evening out of the year Devilish )

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Been there many times, UC, and know it well.
That could be a good place, if not our home
(D may allow said smoking one evening out of the year Devilish )

I might see D allowing you to enjoy one small cigar in your home, but to allow a group of cigar enthusiast to enjoy 2 hour cigars in your home... I'm betting, NO! Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
I might see D allowing you to enjoy one small cigar in your home, but to allow a group of cigar enthusiast to enjoy 2 hour cigars in your home... I'm betting, NO! Smile

This topic was discussed this afternoon. While she was willing for a full size cigar, it was the number of people smoking said cigars that was of issue. I pick my battles. Smile

Indeed, you bet well. Big Grin

Stogies it is! Cool

posted Hide Post
tearing though a box of montecristo #4's with friends, neighbours and family over the holidays.

Posts: 1483 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BHK54 (paired with coffee)

with Uncle John, last evening after a great Supper with the Montreal gang.