Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Cigar smokers?
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Sunny and 70 today in Big D. Cool

Cohiba Siglo VI
 
Posts: 32744 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Sunny and 70 today in Big D. Cool

Cohiba Siglo VI


+1


Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net
 
Posts: 14163 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Ramon Bueso genisus the project. A darn nice smoke. Torpedo shaped, dark and oily looking.

Thanks for the heads-up; I've been curious about this brand. I may give it a try.


Stick - I've been thinking about this cigar since smoking it. I will definitely be purchasing more.
 
Posts: 3666 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Sunny and 70 today in Big D. Cool

Cohiba Siglo VI

+1

You guys are killing me! 'Very envious on both counts. Wink


De gustibus non est disputandum.
 
Posts: 4192 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Not huge into cigars (just yet), but I've found myself with 4x Partagas Havana Serie D No. 5.

Is this a solid cigar? I've got the means to store them properly until the December holidays, and may share with some moderate experts if they'll impress.

Thanks!
 
Posts: 1162 | Location: Chicago burbs | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Over the long weekend...we had a couple nice days in the low 50's.

BHK 52
BHK 54
Montecristo #2 03'
Montecristo A 99' shared one with my Dad on Thanksgiving day... Cool


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2969 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
Not huge into cigars (just yet), but I've found myself with 4x Partagas Havana Serie D No. 5.

Is this a solid cigar? I've got the means to store them properly until the December holidays, and may share with some moderate experts if they'll impress.

Thanks!


My understanding is this is a shorter version of the excellend Serie D #4. If it's similar in quality you've got some good cigars on you hands. Perfect size for a newbie too.

PH
 
Posts: 15734 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
Not huge into cigars (just yet), but I've found myself with 4x Partagas Havana Serie D No. 5.

Is this a solid cigar? I've got the means to store them properly until the December holidays, and may share with some moderate experts if they'll impress.

Thanks!


My understanding is this is a shorter version of the excellend Serie D #4. If it's similar in quality you've got some good cigars on you hands. Perfect size for a newbie too.

PH


Thanks PH!
 
Posts: 1162 | Location: Chicago burbs | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. Now, if only I could spell.... Roll Eyes

Look forward to your impressions. I'm thinking of trying to source some of these. Perfect size for me lately and I LOVE the #4. Godfather?? Wink

PH
 
Posts: 15734 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Are we talking the 08' LE? Or just the new release #5? Have had both on several occasions...the 08' is pretty solid but if I was to choose something in that size I would go with the Short Bolivar...similar price and just a better all around stick IMO. The #5 is not worth the tariff IMO....solid cigar but for the price Id buy a box of the #4 instead. Its the 2nd best stick Partagas makes IMO.

And in regards to ordering from "sources"....this is not the best of times Wink


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2969 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Are we talking the 08' LE? Or just the new release #5? Have had both on several occasions...the 08' is pretty solid but if I was to choose something in that size I would go with the Short Bolivar...similar price and just a better all around stick IMO. The #5 is not worth the tariff IMO....solid cigar but for the price Id buy a box of the #4 instead. Its the 2nd best stick Partagas makes IMO.

And in regards to ordering from "sources"....this is not the best of times Wink


I've got the new release #5. If it's solid that's good enough for me. I'll consult with you folks the next time I have an opportunity to buy.
 
Posts: 1162 | Location: Chicago burbs | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Recently celebrated the completion of a long-term project with an Opus X Lost City Toro. These have been hit-or-miss for me, but this one was definitely a hit, and everyone around the table was singing the praises of this stick. Milder than a normal Perfecxion X (similar vitola), it had a great oatmeal, hay, cream, and cinnamon character. Pretty consistent throughout the smoke, so not much complexity, but a very enjoyable character.


De gustibus non est disputandum.
 
Posts: 4192 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I got a chance to retry the new Cuenca y Blanco, this time the Robusto Deluxe and after having a 3-month rest in my coolidor: I'm impressed! This stick comes from the Joya de Nicaragua factory, but it is SO different from any JdN I've ever had! Elegant, medium-bodied, melding subtle oat and hay with a fantastic hint of sweet apricot - just lovely! The Hoyo de Monterey Epicure No.2 is one of my favorite Cuban Rubustos, and I'd say that this is to international blends (besides Nicaraguan leaf, it's also got an Ecuadorian wrapper, Dominican binder, and Peruvian filler) what Epicure No.2 is to Cubans. It's rare to find sticks whose flavors are this subtle, yet this distinct.

I had previously tried the 'Corona Real' (5.5x46) at a Liga Privada/Joya de Nicaragua event in September, and I thought that was good, but I'm convinced that it was either just really young or over-humidified, because it wasn't NEARLY as good as this Robusto Deluxe. 'Will buy more, to say the least!


De gustibus non est disputandum.
 
Posts: 4192 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Heading to the courtyard shortly with a double espresso.

I'm going to smoke a gifted Romeo y Julieta Escudos LE 2007.
 
Posts: 32744 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Every now and then I feel sorry for Gurkha, thinking that they get an inordinate amount of criticism, but then they do something that reminds me, "No, they deserve it!" Roll Eyes Where to begin.


De gustibus non est disputandum.
 
Posts: 4192 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman:
I got a chance to retry the new Cuenca y Blanco, this time the Robusto Deluxe and after having a 3-month rest in my coolidor: I'm impressed! This stick comes from the Joya de Nicaragua factory, but it is SO different from any JdN I've ever had! Elegant, medium-bodied, melding subtle oat and hay with a fantastic hint of sweet apricot - just lovely! The Hoyo de Monterey Epicure No.2 is one of my favorite Cuban Rubustos, and I'd say that this is to international blends (besides Nicaraguan leaf, it's also got an Ecuadorian wrapper, Dominican binder, and Peruvian filler) what Epicure No.2 is to Cubans. It's rare to find sticks whose flavors are this subtle, yet this distinct.

I had previously tried the 'Corona Real' (5.5x46) at a Liga Privada/Joya de Nicaragua event in September, and I thought that was good, but I'm convinced that it was either just really young or over-humidified, because it wasn't NEARLY as good as this Robusto Deluxe. 'Will buy more, to say the least!


I bought a box of these and they are resting. Very nice analysis.

Yesterday I enjoyed a Cohiba Esplendido from 03' in 45 degree weather...quite balmy!


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2969 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just enjoyed a San Cristobal Habana tonight. Really a nice smoke from a producer I had never heard about.


Stay thirsty my friends.
 
Posts: 3962 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Sunny and 65 currently in Dallas.

Time to take Savannah for a long walk/run into the woods with a fine cigar.

Montecristo #2 ('03)
 
Posts: 32744 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Sunny and 65 currently in Dallas.

Time to take Savannah for a long walk/run into the woods with a fine cigar.

Montecristo #2 ('03)


Very nice!
 
Posts: 3666 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Sunny and 65 currently in Dallas.

Time to take Savannah for a long walk/run into the woods with a fine cigar.

Montecristo #2 ('03)


Very nice!


Yup. It takes a real man to go for a run with a cigar!! Bow

PH
 
Posts: 15734 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a cigar in months; that needs to change, SOON.


"Grape works as a soda - sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie." - Larry David
 
Posts: 6488 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
I haven't had a cigar in months; that needs to change, SOON.



Dont remember you posting that you smoked Giga? What do you enjoy?


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2969 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Saturday I enjoyed a Liga Privada #9 Double Corona with about 4 or 5 yrs age on it....lots of smoke, great aroma, 2 1/2 hrs of pure enjoyment.


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2969 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Sunny and 65 currently in Dallas.

Time to take Savannah for a long walk/run into the woods with a fine cigar.

Montecristo #2 ('03)


Very nice!


Yup. It takes a real man to go for a run with a cigar!! Bow

PH

I'm confused. Who's running and who's smoking? Razz
 
Posts: 16916 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
I haven't had a cigar in months; that needs to change, SOON.



Dont remember you posting that you smoked Giga? What do you enjoy?

I only smoke 4-5 cigars a year.

I typically enjoy Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, and Padrón.

The Padrón 1926 Serie 80 Years is the finest cigar that I have enjoyed, to date.


"Grape works as a soda - sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie." - Larry David
 
Posts: 6488 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 119 
 


© Wine Spectator 2013