Find
Notify
Tools

EPL 2011-2012
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fusionstorm:
Now we'll see what's the luck of the draw for the Blues tomorrow.

Apoel please.

Posts: 9979 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take Benfica, especially with the second leg at the Bridge. What I don't like is likely Barca in the next round should we go through. A one-off Final, ok, but the way they are playing now over two legs? Yikes.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Money on a Real/Barca final with Barca spanking Real yet again, 3-1...as much as Barca annoys me, they are history in the making...a more talent group we may never see again..until next year, and the year after....

Posts: 1036 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
I'll take Benfica, especially with the second leg at the Bridge. What I don't like is likely Barca in the next round should we go through. A one-off Final, ok, but the way they are playing now over two legs? Yikes.

I'm thinking Vt2It is not liking the draw Milan got or the assumption you're making about Barca automatically winning. Smile

Posts: 9979 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless someone can kidnap Messi, I can't see past them. Just scored another stunning hattrick to become Barca's all time scorer. At 24, FFS!!!

Posts: 1970 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed and certainly can't see Chelsea beating them, if they get past Benfica.

The honeymoon with Di Matteo is now over and we're pretty much back to where AVB left off.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Agreed and certainly can't see Chelsea beating them, if they get past Benfica.

The honeymoon with Di Matteo is now over and we're pretty much back to where AVB left off.

Yup. Damn. At least Cahill is looking like a monster in progress. Solid stuff second half yesterday.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm thinking Vt2It is not liking the draw Milan got or the assumption you're making about Barca automatically winning. Smile

Steve, I would think Milan would win if Milan could field anything like their starting 11. With Abate and Thiago Silva added to their ridiculous long list of sidelined players it will take a miracle for the Rossoneri to beat anybody, never mind Barca. 7 strikers, 2 are healthy, well actually one, Ibra has a bad back. Finished the Roma game on Saturday with all four defenders being subs, and the midfield is the worst of all. Only Amelia, Nocerino, El Shaarawy and Bonera have not missed significant time this year. Only one of them should have been seeing much playing time. Milan was beset with an injury crisis last season, this year has been even worse.
Now I know that moron Adam will post some drivel about me making excuses, that's okay, I have him on ignore, but I am in fact just stating the facts. I'd like to see how Barca would do against Milan with 12 players on their first team unavailable.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vt2It:
quote:
quote:

Steve, I would think Milan would win if Milan could field anything like their starting 11. With Abate and Thiago Silva added to their ridiculous long list of sidelined players it will take a miracle for the Rossoneri to beat anybody, never mind Barca. 7 strikers, 2 are healthy, well actually one, Ibra has a bad back. Finished the Roma game on Saturday with all four defenders being subs, and the midfield is the worst of all. Only Amelia, Nocerino, El Shaarawy and Bonera have not missed significant time this year. Only one of them should have been seeing much playing time. Milan was beset with an injury crisis last season, this year has been even worse.
Now I know that moron Adam will post some drivel about me making excuses, that's okay, I have him on ignore, but I am in fact just stating the facts. I'd like to see how Barca would do against Milan with 12 players on their first team unavailable.

You are making excuses. They would still lose, no matter who they field......sorry. Barca is way better and deeper. AC lost 3-Nil to Arsenal...they are weak. Arsenal are even my team and I can admit how embarrassing it must have been for AC to lose like that. You are officially delusional if you think they are in Barca's league (1st or 2nd team)

Posts: 1127 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, which team went on? Razz How embarrassing was it for Arsenal to lose 4-0?

Did you see the Milan bench for the game at the Emirates? Two keepers and a youth team player, because they had nobody else to suit up, along with Mario Yepes who was unable to play, not fully fit after ankle surgery. Did that play a role? Your damn right it did, Mesbah should never see the field.

Milan already played Barca this year, 2-2 at the Camp Nou, and 2-3 at the San Siro with Barca getting their obligatory Pk's on dives in both games. And yes Milan played both games with makeshift lineups. You are the delusional one if you think Barca would have a chance if they were facing a list of injuries like Milan is and Milan only had one first team player out like Barca does. Add Thiago and Alexis to David Villa being out up front, no Xavi, Keita or Cesc in midfield and all backups on defence and Milan would still have more players missing.

Do you think Milan wanted to give a 16 year old his first team debut in the Champions League, or have Stephen El Shaawary play more often than Pato or Cassano? Learn what you are talking about before you post such foolishness.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once again, which team went on? Razz How embarrassing was it for Arsenal to lose 4-0?

Did you see the Milan bench for the game at the Emirates? Two keepers and a youth team player, because they had nobody else to suit up, along with Mario Yepes who was unable to play, not fully fit after ankle surgery. Did that play a role? Your damn right it did, Mesbah should never see the field.

Milan already played Barca this year, 2-2 at the Camp Nou, and 2-3 at the San Siro with Barca getting their obligatory Pk's on dives in both games. And yes Milan played both games with makeshift lineups. You are the delusional one if you think Barca would have a chance if they were facing a list of injuries like Milan is and Milan only had one first team player out like Barca does. Add Thiago and Alexis to David Villa being out up front, no Xavi, Keita or Cesc in midfield and all backups on defence and Milan would still have more players missing.

Do you think Milan wanted to give a 16 year old his first team debut in the Champions League, or have Stephen El Shaawary play more often than Pato or Cassano? Learn what you are talking about before you post such foolishness.

Roll Eyes
Whatever....I learned before not to take too seriously the critiques of AC fans....a brash bunch.
First, AC is a better team than Arsenal so it wasn't embarrassing for them to lose. They lost to a better team. It IS embarrassing for a team like AC to get destroyed by Aresenal, an inferior team, 3-nil.
My point was that a full strength AC and Barca game would be no contest. You need to watch more games and gain some objectivity before you post anything that states otherwise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave Canada,

posted Hide Post
As I said before Milan tied Barca at the Camp Nou with a far from full strength squad this season. And that was when Villa was playing and Ibra was not, so no contest? Explain that to me please. Maybe you need to watch a few games; I can guarantee you that you don't watch even half as many as I do.

posted Hide Post
quote:
As I said before Milan tied Barca at the Camp Nou with a far from full strength squad this season. And that was when Villa was playing and Ibra was not, so no contest? Explain that to me please. Maybe you need to watch a few games; I can guarantee you that you don't watch even half as many as I do.

I'll take Arsene Wenger's word over yours...sorry. I bet he has seen one or two more games than you. Wink

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/l...pions-league?cc=5901

posted Hide Post
Great win by Chelski today. We need them to keep winning to help the EPL's co-efficient in the UCL; also to tire them out for the league race. Hope they go all the way to the Finals in both the FA Cup and UCL and lose both; then finish 5th in the Premier League. Big Grin

Rage rage against the dying of the light

Posts: 404 | Location: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Nov 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well,well, it seems I do know more than your dumb ass coach. (And by the way, there is no chance that he has seen either Milan or Barca more than I have this year.) Milan has "no chance", really? All they need is a scoring draw at the Nou Camp, which they have already done this year.

Is Barca still the favorite, of course they are, but to say no chance shows just how stupid Wenger is. I mean this the guy who thinks Johan Djourou should be playing at a higher level than Sunday afternoon kick around at the park.

The big question is, will Nesta be able to play in 6 days, and will Abate be back. If they have to play a whole game with that makeshift D that they finished with (only one starter, and he was playing out of position) I can see Barca scoring several.

One more point about depth, who would Barca possible put in if Puyol had been given the yellow he deserved for his foul late on? Barca has NOBODY as backups for the D.

posted Hide Post
A draw anywhere anytime with Barca is a victory. Add a clean sheet, and I like Milan's chances for the 2nd leg. They will obviously need to make more of the few opportunities they had...Robinho was mud in front of goal, Ambrosini solid.

Posts: 1036 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Robinho was mud in front of goal.

What's new, he is the king of the missed sitter. I wish I could say that his miss in the first Milan/Barca game this year was his worst, it was very hard to top, but he has had several others. God I wish Pato or Cassano were healthy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Well,well, it seems I do know more than your dumb ass coach. (And by the way, there is no chance that he has seen either Milan or Barca more than I have this year.)

Can someone tell me why he does this to himself?
All we need is Messi to run riot at Nou Camp (not exactly unheard of these days), and all of a sudden Wenger is right again. And to say such bollocks so shortly after looking a monkey for the 'best league' comparison in CL. It's a shame, son. Someone give him a hug. His telly is his best mate.

And for the record, Wenger is well known to be a fanatic who constantly watches football in his spare time - so with his hours, I bet he's seen just as much of Meelan and Bartha.

posted Hide Post
Apparently Barcelona has filed a complaint with UEFA about the pitch in San Siro. Were they disadvantaged because Milan was playing on a different field? And everyone involved inspected it that morning. What a bunch of whiners. GO MILAN!

Vt2It, I like your sig line. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Great win by Chelski today. We need them to keep winning to help the EPL's co-efficient in the UCL; also to tire them out for the league race. Hope they go all the way to the Finals in both the FA Cup and UCL and lose win both; then finish 5th who cares about the Premier League. Big Grin

There, fixed. Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Robinho was mud in front of goal.

What's new, he is the king of the missed sitter. I wish I could say that his miss in the first Milan/Barca game this year was his worst, it was very hard to top, but he has had several others. God I wish Pato or Cassano were healthy.

It was vintage watching the game at a local pub...curses and emphatic waving arms at practically every touch.

posted Hide Post
Back to the EPL, thank you QPR for making the top 4 race a little tighter.

Chelsea. Ashley Cole must go! Another poor defensive display from the overpaid whiner. He more than any other old timer on that team needs to go imho.

Torres may not be scoring that many, but he's playing well. Maybe not $50 million well, but that's water under the bridge now.

And unfortunately I don't see a lot between ManU and #20. Ack

posted Hide Post
Whilst your entitled to your opinion, you do realise that if we got rid of Ash, EVERY paper would be calling us insane, right?

Agree about Torres. The reason he's not as good for me, is that he's clearly lost his pace. Similar to Owen, actually.

Hope Blackburn get a result today!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Whilst your entitled to your opinion, you do realise that if we got rid of Ash, EVERY paper would be calling us insane, right?

The British press are hardly known for their intellectual reporting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The British press are hardly known for their intellectual reporting.

Tabloid? Agreed. Broadsheet? Disagreed.