Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NBA 21012-13
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
i know miami is slumping.. but washington?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12328 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G-man, they are 12-4 and tied for first in the eastern conference. I get what you are saying though. The Heat are doing something teams never do. They are trying to reinvent themselves the year after a championship. They have traded defense for offense. They are taking minutes from Miller, Anthony and Haslem and giving them to Allen and Lewis. I havent written much about it yet because the sample size has been so small. Im interested to see where they are after 20-25 games. I have a feeling they wont like the numbers and Im not sure how long two defense first guys like Riley and Spo will put up with it.

Posts: 4598 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally deserved to lose, the defense has been atrocious and reducing Mario's minutes is not the answer. Neither Miller or Allen could have hit the Ocean last night and letting them repeatedly shoot was the mistake in addition to the crappy defense. They made the Wiz shooters look like all-stars and completely deserved to lose that game. RG3 mania actually played a big factor in the game.

Posts: 6025 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
david stern should fine the knicks for not playing carmelo and still blowing out the heat.

was I suppose to be watching a basketball game?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12328 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike D'Antoni and his 'one system fits all' aproach is a bust.

I don't care if he thinks it will be fixed when Nash magically takes command. D'Antoni doesn't have the coaching skill to adapt or make proper use of some great assets.

Phil's revenge: Gasol traded for a jump shooter and a second round exit in the play-offs.

"What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the red wine of Shiraz into urine?" -Isak Dinesen

Posts: 1294 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Warriors are making some quiet noise winning five in a row on the road. Granted the first four were teams they needed to beat but the game against Miami tonight was sweet. Being 15-7 is refreshing and the added depth on the bench is paying off. Will be interesting to see what happens if Bogut is able to return this season and if the Warriors can play a full season at this standard.

Posts: 1887 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
The Warriors are making some quiet noise winning five in a row on the road. Granted the first four were teams they needed to beat but the game against Miami tonight was sweet. Being 15-7 is refreshing and the added depth on the bench is paying off. Will be interesting to see what happens if Bogut is able to return this season and if the Warriors can play a full season at this standard.

Beating the Nets @ Brooklyn wasn't a "gimme" W, either. But what was particularly satisfying about last night's W is that LeBron, Wade, Spoelstra & Co. were saying before the game that they had to be ready for a squad that was coming in on a hot streak. The Dubs didn't sneak in and shock a Heat squad that was looking ahead to the next game on the schedule.

I'm hopeful that the Dubs can beat ORL tomorrow night. Winning in ATL the night after will be a tall order, being the second game of a back-to-back as well as the final game of their 7 game road trip.

Posts: 904 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am actually considering getting the NBA League Pass because of the Dubs. Stupid Kings market. Mad

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DA BULLS!!! Cool

Posts: 5516 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
DA BULLS!!! Cool

Just got back from that game. Boy, the Heat sure were outrebounded, which probably cost them the game. That has been an issue for them all year with a fairly small lineup.

Posts: 3092 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kobe and CP3 put on a show tonight. CP3 is on the better team though Frown

Posts: 6556 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James Harden has looked a lot like an A player to me. Look at his numbers and the Rockets are 20-14.

Posts: 6025 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had high hopes for the Timberwolves making the playoffs this year but with Kevin Love hurt and whining and Rubio not able to come back from injury and the other injuries it looks bad for my squad.

Posts: 9476 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I was wrong about LA figuring it out. They are in real danger of missing the playoffs. D'Antoni was a huge mistake.

Posts: 4598 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. He is a terrible fit for the people on the team. The sad part is we are pretty much stuck with him as I don’t see them paying 3 head coaches at the same time!

It would have been interesting to see what Phil could have done with this team. The bench is a huge problem though that I’m not sure any coach could overcome. I thought last year’s bench was bad but this is way worse.

Posts: 6556 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bulls held Atlanta to under 60 tonight. Maybe Thibs will crack a smile in his postgame remarks or even consider giving them a day off tomorrow. Probably not.

Posts: 5516 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BULLS BABY!!! Cool

Exciting finish in OT to down the Celtics in Boston.

posted Hide Post
Per the Seattle Times: The Maloofs, group of investors led by Chris Hansen, have reached a deal that would move the Sacramento Kings to Seattle

Posts: 3602 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Things are falling apart for the Lakers. Most of the fans are calling to trade Howard. I wouldn’t be opposed to it if you could get a good haul back. Watching him every day, I just don’t like the idea of giving him a max deal. Inconsistent effort and he just doesn’t seem to care all that much about winning vs. losing. Nash is wayyyyyy past his prime. Watching him every day has been pretty telling. He needs to be a guy that comes off the bench for 20 mins a game just to shoot 3’s at this point. He makes d-fish look like a lock down defender. It’s clearly not working, but we are stuck with D’Antoni so why not shack it up and see what we can do for next year. Its all set up for LBJ to come to the Lakers in 2 years Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Its all set up for LBJ to come to the Lakers in 2 years Razz

That wouldnt suprise me at all. I dont think Arison be able to keep all of them when they opt out after next season. He has gone on record he doesnt mind losing money but there is a limit to the losses he will accept and I think a 4th straight season of progressive luxury tax payments will be his breaking point. Im sure he will try to keep James and reconfigure the team around him but the lure of a city like LA is strong.

posted Hide Post
If D-Rose comes back as 95% of his former self and the Bulls continue to get contributions from as many of their players as they have so far, then what the Lakers and Heat do won't matter! Razz

Popcorn

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
If D-Rose comes back as 95% of his former self and the Bulls continue to get contributions from as many of their players as they have so far, then what the Lakers and Heat do won't matter! Razz

Popcorn

Settle down Beavis.

posted Hide Post
Hmm...perhaps a screen name change to "cornholio" is in order.

posted Hide Post
Odds that Dwight Howard plays for the Lakers next year?

Unless Kobe retires, I'm going with 0% he stays with the Lakers.

"What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the red wine of Shiraz into urine?" -Isak Dinesen

Posts: 1294 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lebron must be hanging out with Phil Mickelson...feel sorry for these guys, who 'sacrifice' and don't get max contracts.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_...id-value-current-cba

Maybe Lebron forgot there is no State tax in Florida, like there is in Ohio

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 990 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post