WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    Wilson sisters with Jason Bonham
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson sisters with Jason Bonham
 Login/Join 
posted
Performancce of Stairway to Heaven

I thought this was very well done. The lead guitar player seemed to flub a note at the beginning of the solo. However, performing THAT song on front of THOSE guys would have had me s***ting a brick.

Nice touch for those in the choir to wear the hat that Bonzo was fond of.

Posts: 5558 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Lenny Kravitz was great as well.

Posts: 30392 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked the David Letterman tribute. I think Kimmel is the best late night show now, but Letterman cracked me up when I was a kid.

Posts: 6590 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
I really liked the David Letterman tribute. I think Kimmel is the best late night show now, but Letterman cracked me up when I was a kid.

I missed that part of the show. Frown

Posts: 30392 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought the choir for Stairway was epic, and loved the Buddy Guy tribute especially Gary Clark Jr with Jimmie Vaughan.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1995 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Performancce of Stairway to Heaven

I thought this was very well done. The lead guitar player seemed to flub a note at the beginning of the solo. However, performing THAT song on front of THOSE guys would have had me s***ting a brick.

Nice touch for those in the choir to wear the hat that Bonzo was fond of.

Very cool! Cool

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6882 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy Wilson still looks pretty good.

There is something not quite right about Led Zeppelin getting that honour. Sort of like Mick Jagger accepting his knighthood.

Posts: 10270 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched the entire broadcast on YouTube.

I really enjoyed all of the performances of the Led Zeppelin songs. I thought the cover of Stairway to Heaven was especially moving.

Ann Wilson has always possessed an amazing voice and her range hasn't seemed to diminish.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6189 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann was terrific. I think there is still very few women out there that could belt out that song the way it was meant to be.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6882 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was amazed by how she kind of mimicked Plant's voice.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post