WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    Its Fu$ken hot!!!!!
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Its Fu$ken hot!!!!!
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Doc

We are pretty lucky as in winter we rarely turn on the heater but for a few nights during our cold season.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:

our cold season.

Is that the one during which the temperature drops below 70 degrees for approximately six minutes every January? Razz

Posts: 2799 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're finally getting our Summer here, just in time for school to start. Temps are in the mid- 80's, but cooling down quite a bit a night.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6800 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heading to Coeur d'Alene for a BOD meeting for 5 days next week.

Lows in the upper 40's & lower 50's. Eek

Posts: 30128 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Have fun! I hear it is very beautiful with an impressive art scene.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3030 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Have fun! I hear it is very beautiful with an impressive art scene.

I will indeed. (never been)

This is a company that I only serve on their board, but do not work for.

They have kindly given the board a LOT of free time. Cool

Posts: 30128 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over a week of 70's and 80's in Chicago....in March!! I will need to turn the air conditioner on tonight just to sleep. Trees are over a month ahead of schedule, flowers are blooming and my grapes are budding....

Typically the last "frost date" in northern Illinois is mid-May....wow!

Posts: 2207 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:
Over a week of 70's and 80's in Chicago....in March!! I will need to turn the air conditioner on tonight just to sleep. Trees are over a month ahead of schedule, flowers are blooming and my grapes are budding....

The question is: when do we get pimped with the final blast of winter? I'm thinking it's gotta be coming at some point, although the lowest high temp projected for the next ten days is 60. No complaints!

You know, you could celebrate the weather by joining us tomorrow, or another time... Wink

Posts: 5469 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cry me a river. It snowed again here two days ago. Mad Bang

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6800 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A week of 70's (like last week), and a week of 80's (like this week) in Saginaw would make for a pleasant June or September. Usually, I'm looking to March as a month of good snow and a little extra daylight for some XC skiing after work, and then in the 40's to melt the snow at the end of the month.

This, for sure, is the freakiest weather I've seen in my lifetime.

Trees are budding out here. Daffodils in full bloom. Easily 4-5 weeks ahead of normal. I don't know whether to be happy or extremely worried. Confused

In the past, I have seen 5 inches of snow as late as early May, and flurries in early June, here in Michigan. I know that this warm snap may not last. This is just really strange. I just hope we won't have to pay for it with an August full of 60-degree days of drizzle (seen that before, too).

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3116 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was so cold here today I had to wear a sweater at work. Must have been 70....brrr

"But, if ye wish her grateful prayer,
Gie her a haggis!" -Robert Burns

Posts: 1662 | Location: Traded Paradise for the frozen Finger Lakes | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:

Think vintage of the century

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6350 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
It was so cold here today I had to wear a sweater at work. Must have been 70....brrr

You're getting soft in paradise Haggis. Wink

Posts: 3594 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:

You're getting soft in paradise Haggis. Wink

Yup, it would seem so! Cool Awaiting a chance to host you sometime.

"But, if ye wish her grateful prayer,
Gie her a haggis!" -Robert Burns

Posts: 1662 | Location: Traded Paradise for the frozen Finger Lakes | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave up and had to turn on the AC today; house was 77 degrees. AC in March in DC is ridiculous. Mad

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1590 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sleeping with the windows open in March!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RightBankFan:
I gave up and had to turn on the AC today; house was 77 degrees. AC in March in DC is ridiculous. Mad

Our house got up over 80 this past week. Turned on the AC for 3 days. If you think AC in DC in March is ridiculous, what's that say for Michigan??

At least we are back to pseudo-reality now, highs today in the upper 50's. That's 30 degrees lower than last Wednesday, but still 15 degrees above average.

Now we can actually open the windows for sleeping, and turn the AC off!

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3116 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's forecast is for 93 but the humidity will make it feel like 106. May break a record set in 1941.

Ironically, I learned a new term today: vin de soif or literally, a thirst-quenching wine.

Posts: 2799 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
will be about 98 in Baltimore today, with the humisery index over 100.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7154 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to feel like over 100 in NYC today!

Posts: 691 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does already!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
will be about 98 in Baltimore today, with the humisery index over 100.

FKG and I are so excited to come to DC this weekend where it will be hotter than here in Florida. And people wonder how we survive summer

Posts: 5962 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the billboard across the street from my office, it was 91 degrees at 8 a.m. today. Ridiculous.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The super hot weather is bad enough, but we're in the middle of a severe drought. It hasn't rain this month here at all, and none is predicted for the rest of the month! Between the 1st of March and the end of May, we had a total of 1.62 inches of rain. Most of that came in one 30 minute downpour. Pastures are burning up, and farmers are already starting to give hay to their livestock while hay yields are about 50-60% of normal. We are scr##d!

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
98 and humid in ny

i'm not very happy

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12124 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post