WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    Its Fu$ken hot!!!!!
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Its Fu$ken hot!!!!!
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
While an uncommonly hot summer so far in Dallas, (22 straight days in triple digits) I will take 22 straight days of triple digits over 22 straight of single digits without hesitation or debate. Cool

You need to have your head examined..hahhhaa, I would rather have the single digits..

Posts: 3714 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
While an uncommonly hot summer so far in Dallas, (22 straight days in triple digits) I will take 22 straight days of triple digits over 22 straight of single digits without hesitation or debate. Cool
Or you could move to San Diego where neither is ever a possibility.

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I remember some people in FL and TX bragging about their beautiful days last winter. Here in SD we have good winter temps and right now we're dealing with 75 degree summer days. How do we handle it?

Posts: 1217 | Location: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
103 today. lost electric power to the house from about 4PM until about 8:15PM

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7159 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Cabernet: Here in SD we have good winter temps.

Really? I wasn't aware that it usually below freezing there.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a typical summer day in Taipei- 100 degrees and 75% humidity.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3043 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Cabernet:
Yes, I remember some people in FL and TX bragging about their beautiful days last winter. Here in SD we have good winter temps and right now we're dealing with 75 degree summer days. How do we handle it?

By paying a ton of taxes!

Posts: 1257 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThistlinTom:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Cabernet:

By paying a ton of taxes!

And do you shy away from fine wines because they are more expensive? Wink

Posts: 2952 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry to hear about that WA. How are the runners in your family dealing with the heat? Hot here in Chicago as well, and it's a real pain trying to run when it's over 80F outside in the morning.

Sometimes I still wish I was living in Seattle...

Posts: 2207 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:
quote:

Sorry to hear about that WA. How are the runners in your family dealing with the heat? Hot here in Chicago as well, and it's a real pain trying to run when it's over 80F outside in the morning.

Sometimes I still wish I was living in Seattle...

All running is prior to 9:00 AM. Wink

Oh, Chicago over Seattle, any day. Cool

Posts: 30160 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be in the 60's on Monday morning, and it is a holiday as well.

Hallelujah, hallelujah! Cool

It has been one heck of a summer, and even rivaled 1980.

Posts: 30160 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

With a high in the lower to mid 80s. I plan on drinking a case of Rose and smoking an entire box of cigars on the patio Monday! Eek

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13571 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:

With a high in the lower to mid 80s. I plan on drinking a case of Rose and smoking an entire box of cigars on the patio Monday! Eek

Big Grin...and all week.

posted Hide Post
Fall is in the air, and the wind out of the North!

HALLELUJAH! Cool

posted Hide Post
Beef stew, lasagna, pot roast and chicken cacciatore season is approaching! Not that I'm in any hurry for summer to end, but there are some meals that get put on hold.

Posts: 5475 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Beef stew, lasagna, pot roast and chicken cacciatore season is approaching! Not that I'm in any hurry for summer to end, but there are some meals that get put on hold.

Bill, you should hope for a long and warm Fall season. Wink

I on the other hand, have my Le Creuset primed and ready to go. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Returned home today from cool Park City and was surprised at the weather. It was not unbearable in Houston. Pretty warm but not oppressive. Smile

Posts: 1257 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThistlinTom:
Returned home today from cool Park City and was surprised at the weather. It was not unbearable in Houston. Pretty warm but not oppressive. Smile
It was borderline chilly in the shade walking the dog this morning. I'm ready!

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was the first time this year that the air conditioner was turned on. Now my electric bill will be more than $50 this month! Eek

Posts: 2553 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Today was the first time this year that the air conditioner was turned on. Now my electric bill will be more than $50 this month! Eek

Damn you to hell! Wink

Posts: 5475 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:

I know my nipples were hard this morning walking the dog. Razz

posted Hide Post
Did someone from Edmonton hack your account? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Was there shrinkage?

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was there shrinkage?

No Comprende! Razz

posted Hide Post
Spent Labor Day in Newport Beach, CA - temps in the 70's/60's glorious.
Come back to Houston, and the temp was 60's this morning!
What gives?

Xhoser - you are blessed. I don't think my electric bills are ever that low in the winter!

Posts: 1614 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post