WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    Its Fu$ken hot!!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Its Fu$ken hot!!!!!
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I suffered a brief bout of insanity this afternoon and decided to go running in 95 degree heat. I was frantically searching for shade the entire time, but it was rather sparse.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6141 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even up here, I have to avoid mid day mountainbiking....pushing 90 degrees.

Posts: 2423 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
supposed to be 102 tomorrow, with a humisery index of 110.
16 people have died in Maryland these last few weeks from heat related illness.

I'm sorry, Irwin, but can you please post your temperatures in Kelvin? It's easier for me to interpret your meaning that way.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5567 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pussies!!!

"I'm going back to gator country where the wine and the women are free" - Molly Hatchet

Posts: 3253 | Location: Valrico, Florida | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
I'm sorry, Irwin, but can you please post your temperatures in Kelvin? It's easier for me to interpret your meaning that way.

Big Grin

Posts: 15625 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:

Pussies!!!
Big Grin

Posts: 1770 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course the out of state tourists have been wandering around here wondering where the sun is. Most of the last two months have been in the mid to upper 60s occasionally reaching 70. Of course this is quite a difference from our usual sweltering summer temps that range from 70 to 78.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:

Pussies!!!

Double! Smile

Posts: 30279 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
supposed to be 102 tomorrow, with a humisery index of 110.
16 people have died in Maryland these last few weeks from heat related illness.

Grossie: I don't speak Kelvin, but the master of all opinions is in Europe anyway. Wink

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7189 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
I suffered a brief bout of insanity this afternoon and decided to go running in 95 degree heat. I was frantically searching for shade the entire time, but it was rather sparse.

Whenever I get the urge to exercise, I lie down until it passes.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7189 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My car said it was 112 in Laguna when I went out to lunch today. I don’t ever remember it being this hot here before. Pretty crazy after such a mild summer.

Posts: 6559 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High of 75 here today, after a summer of 100+ and humidity. Doesn't get much better in Oklahoma and Texas.

Posts: 371 | Location: Sulphur, OK | Registered: Oct 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet, and I have wine scheduled to arrive via FedEx tomorrow. Awesome!

"This may be the wine talking but I want some more wine"

Posts: 1037 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remarkably beautiful in Houston today with a clear blue sky and temperatures in the mid 70's.

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

Posts: 631 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
My car said it was 112 in Laguna when I went out to lunch today. I don’t ever remember it being this hot here before. Pretty crazy after such a mild summer.

We're going to a wedding in Hollywood this weekend, outdoor of course. I'm not looking forward to wearing a suit and tie in the heat.

Cheers!

Posts: 8575 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

We're going to a wedding in Hollywood this weekend, outdoor of course. I'm not looking forward to wearing a suit and tie in the heat.
It is supposed to get back down to low 80's this weekend. You should be fine.

Posts: 6559 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Tree:
Remarkably beautiful in Houston today with a clear blue sky and temperatures in the mid 70's.

Yes, beautiful day, finally

Posts: 1270 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 50's here today. Smile Had our first frost last week and will again this coming weekend. Can't wait for snow.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the 3 or 4 hottest days this year today. If it wasn't for Indian summer, we may not have summer at all in the Bay Area.

Posts: 1887 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
109 at my house yesterday. Nice day in Scottsdale.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2983 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
109 at my house yesterday. Nice day in Scottsdale.

My word!

Upper 50's to 80 here all week. Cool

Posts: 30279 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a diffence a day makes. 20 degrees cooler today.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2983 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We hit 70 yesterday, even with overcast and rain. It's been unusually humid here for the past few days as well.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6843 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're getting hit by a Tropical Storm tomorrow! So that should cool things down.

Posts: 6524 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vt2It:
In the 50's here today. Smile Had our first frost last week and will again this coming weekend. Can't wait for snow.

And my wait is over, snowing all day today. Big Grin

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post