Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EPL 2012-2013
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Arsenal was well beaten. Bayern is good; very good. Arsenal is a mess. Hopefully it won't take us 50 years to win the title again.

Rage rage against the dying of the light

Posts: 408 | Location: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Nov 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
Not looking good....already down 2-0...

Adam, are you such an Anglophile you would cheer for Arsenal? Not I. I'd rather see hell freeze. Not as bad as United, but close, especially since Wenger threw the FA Cup.

Posts: 10006 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Bayern is good; very good.

I would add scary good with Heynckes. Being a Real Madrid fan, i am worried of what Pep can do with this team, even more skills and physicality could really make them an unbeatable machine. OTOH, i am hoping chemistry is a b..tch and that Pep fails completely.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1538 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow...just a great game by AC Milan....fun to watch.
rendered Barca useless.....
They have a good chance now.

Posts: 1128 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Bayern is good; very good.

I would add scary good with Heynckes. Being a Real Madrid fan, i am worried of what Pep can do with this team, even more skills and physicality could really make them an unbeatable machine. OTOH, i am hoping chemistry is a b..tch and that Pep fails completely.

I'm betting they fail with Pep. Just a hunch. That team seems to do their best with a certain type of coach and I don't think Pep fits that bill. I hope I'm flat out wrong.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13447 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Canada:

WTF?!? What the heck happened to Barca?!? Woot

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13447 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VT2IT must be in heaven

Posts: 5882 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:

WTF?!? What the heck happened to Barca?!? Woot

They played Milan. Big Grin

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
VT2IT must be in heaven

Feeling pretty good right now.
That said they better not pull what they did last year after running Arsenal off the field only to not play in the first half of the return leg. That won't work this time as they have a two not four goal cushion and Barca is a hell of a lot better than Arsenal.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arsenal has a better chance of advancing than AC Milan though.

Might want to rethink that one Dave. Banana

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Not looking good....already down 2-0...

Adam, are you such an Anglophile you would cheer for Arsenal? Not I. I'd rather see hell freeze. Not as bad as United, but close, especially since Wenger threw the FA Cup.

No, the English in me cheers for the underdog always though. I'm ABU though, always. But I wanted Arsenal to win to shutup all the spoilt Arse fans who want Wenger out. I also want to see Wilshere do well. He's going to run our midfield internationally, and it's only good for England that he does well.

Posts: 1975 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't count me among those who want Arsene out. Before he came to Arsenal, English football was boring, with nearly all playing Stoke City football. Long balls to nowhere. He brought in skilled players like Henry, Viera, Bergkamp, Pires, Fabregas, RVP who revolutionized the game. It would be a shame to see him leave now, with everything going so wrong. I'd rather see Kroenke leave - STAT.

Posts: 408 | Location: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Nov 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Before he came to Arsenal, English football was boring, with nearly all playing Stoke City football.

Oh please. He will also be remembered for being the only EPL/BPL manager to have ever fielded a team (against Crystal Palace) with no English players.

I won't argue he was a great manager because his record speaks for itself. Unlike Ferguson though, he has not been able to keep it up. If Arsenal wants to keep paying him right into retirement, it's OK with me.

Posts: 10006 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"He will also be remembered for being the only EPL/BPL manager to have ever fielded a team (against Crystal Palace) with no English players."
So? The English aren't very good. Big Grin
And I'm sure your Ruskie would probably offer him a job.

posted Hide Post
Graet game with MC & Chelsea. MC outplayed them throughout the match. For teh longetst time I figured this a tie and MU 14 pts ahead.

Now if we only dump Gus Johnson, this would be fun to listen to.

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only good thing about that game is City keeping pace with United, even though it's a long shot.

My list of grievances with the Chelsea performance is long. Ba was invisible. Mikel watched Toure score the first goal. Hazard needs to learn to come back and help the defence.

Great stop by Hart on the Lampard penalty.

posted Hide Post
quote:
My list of grievances with the Chelsea performance is long. Ba was invisible. Mikel watched Toure score the first goal. Hazard needs to learn to come back and help the defence.

Agree re the effort. Looked like they had no plan, the play was ragged, their pace of play was slow.

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Before he came to Arsenal, English football was boring, with nearly all playing Stoke City football.

Oh please. He will also be remembered for being the only EPL/BPL manager to have ever fielded a team (against Crystal Palace) with no English players.

I won't argue he was a great manager because his record speaks for itself. Unlike Ferguson though, he has not been able to keep it up. If Arsenal wants to keep paying him right into retirement, it's OK with me.

I think we were the first side to field a non-English team...Vialli did it...?

Posts: 1975 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Embarrassing Chelsea season.... Frown

posted Hide Post
quote:
I think we were the first side to field a non-English team...Vialli did it...?

You sure? I suspect your knowledge of the clubs history is greater than mine, but I don't recall that. And I seem to remember reading that distinction about Wenger. Not just the starting 11, including the bench.

posted Hide Post
Oh...maybe including the bench, then. I just remember getting a lot of stick when Vialli started 11 without an Englishman...I think Wise was injured or something...anyway...it's the way the game's gone...so many teams have done it now.

posted Hide Post
From Wikipedia

"Under Vialli, Chelsea would become the first side in English football to field a starting 11 composed entirely of foreign players, highlighting the increasing internationalization of the game."

Chelsea must have had a bloke on the bench. Wink

posted Hide Post
Bale's leg is a weapon. Bow Spurs are not going to be able to afford to keep him next year.

posted Hide Post
"Bale's leg is a weapon. Spurs are not going to be able to afford to keep him next year."

He's on quite a roll. Dare say that the Ruskie will offer millions and tampering charges be levelled? Too bad FFP hasn't been invoked.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bale's leg is a weapon. Bow Spurs are not going to be able to afford to keep him next year.

I was glad I went to the pub after work to watch it. It was almost the Joe Cole show, with legend Joey doing his best to help out his fellow Blues...then Bale.

Wow. What a goal....8 out of Spurs' last 10...every game in a row it seems...he's on Messi form right now. Wonder where he'll be off to in the summer...most think Spain.

It's also nice to see he's cut out the diving and whining (touch wood)...he was fouled right before the goal and the old Bale would have rolled around, but he got up, ref waved advantage, and SMACK!!!