WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    NHL 2012-13 - will we have a season?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHL 2012-13 - will we have a season?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Bye-bye Winter Classic.

And I had tickets too.

so upset I might watch the raptors game.

Mad

Don't do it! That will just make the anxiety worse. Bang

Toronto might just be the worst sports city right now.

Posts: 1994 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Bye-bye Winter Classic.

And I had tickets too.

so upset I might watch the raptors game.

Mad

Don't do it! That will just make the anxiety worse. Bang

Toronto might just be is the worst sports city right now.

At least according to ESPN.

Posts: 2738 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Today is a huge day in the ongoing negotiations. I've heard more than a few "insiders" say that today is the most important day. It either gets close today, or the season will be lost. Most sound somewhat optimistic, but I'm getting more skeptical myself.

Not to worry - "next year" for the Cubs starts in less than 5 months! Banana

Posts: 5405 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hall of fame ceremony tonight. If Bettman shows up, hopefully he is the recipient of some brutal verbal abuse. He should know better than to take part and be a terrible distraction but I'm thinking he will anyway.

Posts: 5405 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best thing about this lockout: refreshing silence from Don Cherry. Wink

Posts: 2738 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually, I believe Grapes was just tweeting about getting stung by bees. Perhaps that was a Sedin donkey-punching him in the dark...

posted Hide Post
quote:

haven't been watching the HNIC saturday night classics? Had a ton of Grapes (on the bench)for the 1979 semis game 7 between Habs & Bruins.

http://youtu.be/3o5YkiRuTC4

Big Grin

Posts: 1485 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V- just watched some with the 10month old in the dark at 4:30am. Awesome stuff, hard to believe the game has changed so much.

Posts: 1599 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
V- just watched some with the 10month old in the dark at 4:30am. Awesome stuff, hard to believe the game has changed so much.

aw man... i administered a dose of advil before bed and made it til 6am...
Banana

As much as i loathe Bettman this 2 week hiatus is a shrewd move. Forces the NHLPA to realize the season could be gone if they don't do something other than say "no".

Posts: 1485 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest round of talks have ended, with no movement towards a deal even with the help of mediators. I'm starting to be convinced that the entire season will be a washout. Mad

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
I'm starting to be convinced that the entire season will be a washout. Mad

I had resigned myself to that while ago. I could use something to take away from the pain of the Lions (not much pain with the Pistons since I'm numb to that now).

Posts: 3130 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breaking news... Another impasse. See "Please Ignore This Post" for further updates. Ack

Posts: 1656 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MF'ers!

posted Hide Post
There appears to be a bit of cautious optimism coming from inside sources on both sides of this train wreck. I wouldn't be surprised to hear one more round of "the season is dead" comments after today's talks, but I'm starting to believe there may be hockey by New Years.

Wouldn't be the first time I was fooled though...

Posts: 3564 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ice has melted

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6282 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The place is closed. No games till 01/14. Looks like no season

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6282 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The end is near...One way or another.

Very important meeting going on right now. This deal either gets done today or in the next few days, or the season will be canceled by the 10th or 11th.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deal done!

Lets go Hawks.

posted Hide Post
Just saw the welcoming news this morning. Glad to get some more choices for sports on the tele!

Go Leafs!

Posts: 2542 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DROP THE PUCK!!!

Banana Banana Banana

posted Hide Post
What? They haven't been playing? Devilish

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13463 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This "season" I will not be a part of. What, if the Cancunks win will we endure a reduced riot, proportional to 48/82?

See ya next year guys, advertisers, NHL! Roll Eyes

Posts: 1656 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
This "season" I will not be a part of. What, if the Cancunks win will we endure a reduced riot, proportional to 48/82?

Not sure what a Cancunk is Big Grin, but if you're worrying about the Canucks winning it all, I wouldn't. Luongo is still on the roster. Devilish

Man I missed the NHL. Haven't been able to trash talk since the Hawks were knocked out of the playoffs last season.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
DROP THE PUCK!!!

Banana Banana Banana

Sounds like camps will open the 13th, and opening day will be the 19th. 48 game schedule with no cross-conference games until the Cup finals.

They're trying to set up rivalry games for opening day, so I'm thinking the Hawks may get Vancouver or Detroit to open the season. The Bulls are home on the 19th, so it looks like the Hawks will open on the road. They may as well get used to it as the stupid Disney on Ice show will be at the UC from January 30th to February 10th.

With a short sprint to the finish this season, starting the season with many road games may put the Hawks behind the eight ball right away. Here's hoping they're a good road team this year...

posted Hide Post
It should be a pretty exciting shortened season. The one thing that sucks is D bought 4 tix for the game vs. the Cannots that was to take place in late February. I'm guessing the only thing we'll be getting for those tickets is a refund. Mad

We may need to consider an offline centered around viewing a game, either at someone's home or a bar with a great selection of crafts/imports on tap.