WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    Favorite Christmas/Holiday Songs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Christmas/Holiday Songs
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
But, give me standard Christmas carols done by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir near the holiday and I get my Ho Ho Ho back.
PH

This is exactly what I was thinking and I couldn't agree more. The power that group can generate is truly special.

Escpecially the Missiah [sp???]

I remember The movie the White Christmas was in. 30 or so og my frat brothers went to see teh show. No snow, and now forcasted. When we got out there was 3" on the ground. Great memory from college days. Guess it will noy snow here this year.

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6418 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Phil Spector album, not a track I don't like and still play it every year. In fact should buy the CD, soon won't be able to find a cassette player. (Age showing.)

Posts: 146 | Location: Near NW of Chicago IL | Registered: Jun 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
I like hymns and jazz renditions of christmas songs. Can't pick just one that stands out.

Wynton Marsalis has a couple of good Christmas albums. Not exactly Christmas, but related, Ellington's reworking of the Nutcracker is a classic.

Now that the kids have been out of the house for a while, I can even enjoy Tschaikovsky's original in moderate doses.

The local classical music station plays a lot of pre-Baroque choral Christmas music. That I can listen to.

Posts: 2320 | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dean Martin Let it Snow.

Posts: 9488 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We went to our favorite Columbian food restaurant for lunch today, and they had a (gorgeous) cello player and a harp player playing only Christmas music.

It was very moving.

Posts: 30286 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post