WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    Wine shops in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wine shops in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area?
 Login/Join 
posted
We'll be there for about a week in May for a cruise. Looking for recommendations on good wine shops in the area. Thx.

Posts: 1253 | Registered: Oct 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wine Watch (prices high side but excellent stuff)

There is a Total Wine on 17th Street, very near the Port

In Miami, Leons and Sunset Corners (both are a trek from Fort Lauderdale though)

Posts: 5991 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also add W Wine Boutique in Miami Beach to your list. Great wines, very very good prices.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't there a Wine Warehouse in the area? I'm still mourning the one in Boca.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36886 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Vines wines & spirits in coral way (IMHO best kept secret in Miami). Small good selection with personalized attention like no other place in the area.

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:

There is on Oakland Park and Dixie and it is a good store and its owner/manager Felipe is a great guy, but in general does not have the pricing it used to unfortunately

Posts: 5991 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, much appreciated!

Posts: 1253 | Registered: Oct 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this mean we should be putting together an offline? (Like I really need an excuse...)

Visit my travel blog: http://www.floridakeysgirl.com

Posts: 1110 | Location: Key West | Registered: Feb 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:

There is on Oakland Park and Dixie and it is a good store and its owner/manager Felipe is a great guy, but in general does not have the pricing it used to unfortunately

FYI, that location is now closed as is the one in Tampa on Bay to Bay. I think they are a casualty of Total Wine as they are still open in some smaller N FL markets that chain isn't at.

Posts: 3089 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one mentions the famous gas station wine store? I'm shocked!

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10681 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
No one mentions the famous gas station wine store? I'm shocked!

17th Ave and US1 in Miami. Good prices and surprising selection. Also try Old Vines on Coral Way just a little west of 27th Ave, especially good for Spanish and been beefing up Rhone selection.

Posts: 3089 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There used to be a poster here called CStore from the Seattle area. He stocked a nice selection in his convenience store.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36886 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re an article here yesterday about getting 12 bottles to fill a rack.

Some of teh wines they selected they listed the prices.

TW was $ 1 less than ABC and $ 2 less than Publix & Crown.

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6376 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post