Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election Day 2012
 Login/Join 
posted
Today has arrived, tomorrow will be quite something to wake up to. Maybe...

I am glad that the ridiculous amount of attention paid to people undeserving ( Michelle Bachmann, Nancy Pelosi, Ari Fleischer, David Axelrod, John Sununu-nami, tons of Democrat hacks, the GOP ones too, etc.) will end.

Will be drinking a 2003 Pavie tonight no matter what; what are you going to drink? LOL

Posts: 1694 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went by the polling station on the way to work. The line was so long, I decided to try later in the day.

Posts: 6524 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No wait here at about 7AM

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our ballots down here are incredibly long this year. There are all sorts of local and state elections, and a large number of constitutional and county amendments on the ballot. I imagine that it takes people a long time to get through the ballot.

Posts: 6524 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rothko, feel free to tell me its none of my business but I am curious who you voted for in the State Atty race?

Posts: 4600 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't voted yet. Line was too long. I am going to try again later today.

That said, I am very likely going to vote for Dina Keever. I am not comfortable with what Dave Aronberg did to Michael McAuliffe. As well as to Judge Marx.

posted Hide Post
45 minute line to vote this AM in Hollywood Florida from start to finish. No complaints here. Shorter by the time I left, 30 minutes or less.

Posts: 6030 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:

That said, I am very likely going to vote for Dina Keever. I am not comfortable with what Dave Aronberg did to Michael McAuliffe. As well as to Judge Marx.

Big +1

Posts: 4600 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
quote:

Big +1

+ 2

Rothko, there are voting hours tomorrow also. Not published, and it is a secret. Florida [Palm Beach County] has a special dispensation from Scott. Big Grin

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6409 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted at my daughters school, absolutely no wait. They did ask for my drivers license, but quickly backed down.

Posts: 276 | Registered: Oct 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ed, I think you are pulling my leg...

Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ed, I think you are pulling my leg...

Smile

well we have early voting, not so early voting, absentee voting, not too absentee voting [as in last two days] so why not late voting. Some absentee ballots won't be counted for 10 days, so what the heck. LOL

Posts: 6409 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, turned out that Florida was not a factor (good or bad) in the presidential race for once.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6841 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Well, turned out that Florida was not a factor (good or bad) in the presidential race for once.

Thank god, but based upon how we vote now, it should not be an issue. Of course it takes longer to vote vs the old punch ballot or using the electronic machines. Damn ballot was front/back 3 pages.

"I'm going back to gator country where the wine and the women are free" - Molly Hatchet

Posts: 3253 | Location: Valrico, Florida | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assuming Florida goes the way it looks like, the night's biggest winner: Nate Silver. I think The New York Times might be renaming itself.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7655 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Florida's long lines is a shame. Shame on rick scott for making it harder for people to vote. These kind of things should not be a partisan thing. For god's sake its a constitutional right.

This guy needs to be thrown off the island.

Posts: 887 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick Scott is a complete putz - I still can't believe he was ever elected - I did not like Jeb Bush or Crist but Scott is the worst.

Happy it is over and Florida did not effect the presidential race (and I am not stuck doing election related lawsuits again this year)

Posts: 6030 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jfont:
Florida's long lines is a shame. Shame on rick scott for making it harder for people to vote. These kind of things should not be a partisan thing. For god's sake its a constitutional right.

This guy needs to be thrown off the island.

Well, the 6 page ballot probably helped. Did I wait in line? Yes, but was done voting by 7:45am and at work on time. If I would have chosen to have gone at 10am, there was no line at all. Needless to say, our state constitutional amendments are out of control every election, which is why I voted "NO" on all but one of them.

"I'm going back to gator country where the wine and the women are free" - Molly Hatchet

Posts: 3253 | Location: Valrico, Florida | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No line to get the ballot, or to find a booth, but there was a huge line to turn in the ballot and feed it into the machine. Seems like many people couldn't figure out how to feed the ballot, or tried feeding all 3 pages at once.

And even though I voted for Dina Keever, she lost and Dave Aronberg won. Ah well, it should prove to be very interesting seeing how he does as State Attorney for Corruption County (I mean Palm Beach County).

Oh, and I am delighted to have Mayor Frankel as my Congresswoman!

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2907 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Florida? Hi. Washington here.
Listen, the other states and I have been talking, and uh, well, we just think it, uh, isn't working out. You know, cohesively.
We just think it might be better for all of us if you were to, uh, move out. Split off from the mainland and, you know, hang out with your buddies, the islands? I'm sure they'd let you at least couch surf there for a while. You're practically an honorary member of the Caribbean anyway, right?
You know, some of the other states, (not me), but some of the other states are getting a little grumpy about your, uh, voting hygiene. You know, all the messes you leave for others to clean up, like the Supreme Court for instance. Yeah, I know that was just once, but now that it's happened, everyone's a little gun shy that you might binge again some Super Tuesday, and it could happen all over again. Or worse, maybe. You had us all holding our breath on that last one.
Anyway, someone noted (again, not me; I think it was Wisconsin) that the rest of us would probably save a bundle on Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security if you were "on your own." Maybe we could even get this budget thing balanced? Could be a good thing for everybody?
Yeah, you could get out there; show everybody how it's done in the panhandle! Who knows, after a little time, maybe we could start throwing a little money your way in secret, offshore accounts?
So, see? It's not the end of the world. We'll still see each other from time to time on the weather maps. Go give grandma a big hug for me, and we'll see you later, ok? Great! Buh-bye!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mneeley490,

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6841 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Florida? It's Canada calling. Thanks for taking our call. I know you probably don't feel much like talking right now after your messy break-up with those "Mainlanders".
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know we still love you. Yeah, we know you're not the most together of places during those pesky elections, but that's not going to stop us from coming to visit in droves every winter. Heck, most of our over-65 population ends up in your living room at least four months a year (six months less a day if they want to stay covered by provincial health plans). We know Mexico has way better weather in February, but we'll stick with you because we just don't think beheading people is very, well, polite.
So keep your chin up, eh? We'll keep your economy afloat for at least half the year, especially now that our dollar is worth more than yours (you will be keeping the greenback as your currency, right?). Anyway, gotta go finish packing the car. It's a long drive down, and we need to leave before the white stuff starts falling. See you soon, Florida!

Posts: 2907 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS: We are STILL counting ballots. Sort of forgotton count 306 of them.

Maybe we should only allow 49 states to vote. Don't need us anyhow. MAybe 536 votes when needed.

posted Hide Post
I have a business partner that lives in Ohio. His best friend is John Boehner whom he spends a lot of time with. He said Obama gave him (Boehner) a bottle of '97 Poggio Antico BdM for his birthday.

My friend invited me to drink the bottle with them both. Cool

Posts: 30269 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Them both"--Obama and Boehner?

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7189 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post