WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    MOVIES: What are you watching?
Page 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 377
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOVIES: What are you watching?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've found that I like the Bond movies that don't have a "Bond saves the world" plot.

Movies like "From Russian With Love", "The Living Daylights" and "For Your Eyes Only", where no one is trying to destroy the world. Instead, the plot is a bit more "realistic": try to get your hands on the Lektor, stop a scheming Russian general who has gone rogue; recover the ATAC before the Soviets get it...

Posts: 6320 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade Runner

Posts: 8525 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
I've found that I like the Bond movies that don't have a "Bond saves the world" plot.

Movies like "From Russian With Love", "The Living Daylights" and "For Your Eyes Only", where no one is trying to destroy the world. Instead, the plot is a bit more "realistic": try to get your hands on the Lektor, stop a scheming Russian general who has gone rogue; recover the ATAC before the Soviets get it...

The Timothy Dalton 007 movies were good as was Brosnan's Goldeneye but a lot of those 007 movies are ridiculous.

Posts: 8525 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Names of Love

Posts: 29630 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This weekend:
Skyfall and rock of ages

Posts: 982 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goldeneye

Posts: 9694 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skyfall

A good movie, but I am scratching my head as to why it is being called one of the best Bond movies of all time.

Posts: 6320 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
Blade Runner

An all time favorite of mine.

Prometheus- disappointed.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1864 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spirit of the Marathon
The Counterfeiters

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skyfall

Very good. But not quite as good as I expected given all the hype.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7358 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new James Bond Movie.

Posts: 9281 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man with a Golden Arm
From Here to Eternity

Posts: 6167 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An old James Bond movie.

Posts: 29630 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
An old James Bond movie.

Which one?

posted Hide Post
Contagion

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Cowboys" starring The Duke. It's my first time seeing this and let me say WOW!

Posts: 1609 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Click- horrible!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy Motors

posted Hide Post
The Exorcist
Natural Born Killers

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two that I never saw Red Face

A Thin Red Line - Very good.

This is Spinal Tap - Despite the fact this was HIGHLY recommended by friends whose taste I usually align with, I couldn't get through this one. Perhaps it was my state of mind.

PH

Posts: 14653 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Savages

Posts: 9694 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harold and Maude

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
Harold and Maude

One of my favorites.

May you never go to hell, but always be on your way.

Posts: 6614 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:

This is Spinal Tap - Despite the fact this was HIGHLY recommended by friends whose taste I usually align with, I couldn't get through this one. Perhaps it was my state of mind.

PH

This is crazy talk Confused

Posts: 5576 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:

PH

This is crazy talk Confused

That's what my friends are telling me. Crazy Oh well... I'll try it again, I'm sure.

PH

Posts: 14653 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post