WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Travel and Entertainment    MOVIES: What are you watching?
Page 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 396
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOVIES: What are you watching?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
Switzerland

You went to Switzerland and didn't boast mention it?

What in the hell is wrong with you? Wink

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6103 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Switzerland

Pretty easy. I went to Argentina and never really mentioned it beforehand. Some around here might find this incredible to believe but you don't have to post everything on the Internet. Trust me, you don't have post it on the Internet for me to believe you're eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, watching movies, reading books and wearing clothes daily. Big Grin

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13522 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Trust me, you don't have post it on the Internet for me to believe you're eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, watching movies, reading books and wearing clothes daily. Big Grin

LOL

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1938 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Switzerland

Pretty easy. I went to Argentina and never really mentioned it beforehand. Some around here might find this incredible to believe but you don't have to post everything on the Internet. Trust me, you don't have post it on the Internet for me to believe you're eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, watching movies, reading books and wearing clothes daily. Big Grin

Confused Really?! Eek

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6103 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Switzerland

Confused Really?! Eek

Oops! Maybe I should've posted this in the people that bother me thread?!? Devilish

Joe
-----

Posts: 13522 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be comfortable boasting about it.

Back on thread:

Last night: The Big Easy

Posts: 6452 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Switzerland

just put it on your blog, or greetings from or... Razz LOL

Posts: 30092 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lost me but that's not hard to do.

Joe
-----

posted Hide Post
Ooops, forgot about:
Skyfall- agree w/ KSC02- classic bond. Classic song by Adele also.
The Life of Pi- good, but enjoyed the book more (of course)
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen- another decent one.
Looper- ok too I thought, but I usually like sci-fi.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Primordialsoup,

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1898 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Chinatown

One of the all time great films, ever.

This one only got on my radar after some talk here some time ago. A great film and really enjoyed seeing a young Jack.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Highlander

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indiana Jones the Lost Arc.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw The Hobbit tonight. Great fun.

I don't think we'd been to the theatre for a movie since Star Trek. The Lone Ranger might get me back.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3474 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Saw The Hobbit tonight. Great fun.

I don't think we'd been to the theatre for a movie since Star Trek. The Lone Ranger might get me back.

Saw it as well this week. I also enjoyed it. I don't understand all the complaints.

Posts: 3145 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barbara

Posts: 30092 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Django Unchained

A very very good straightforward stylized and wry western set against slavery; with a third act that takes a hard turn to something-else-I-have-no-idea-what. But it loses its way. Some great performances. Some great stuff, but not up to Tarantino's best. B+/A-

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7581 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Decendants- really enjoyed it. A bit different.

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1105 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hunger Games

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
The Hunger Games

Curious what you thought and whether or not you read the books previously.

Posts: 3145 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Highlander

One of my all time favorites. The sequels and TV missed the mark. Great soundtrack by Queen also!

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1898 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:

Exactly my thoughts.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
The Hunger Games

Curious what you thought and whether or not you read the books previously.
Entertaining. A solid B. Have not read the books.

--------------------

Marcel Ayme`

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Primordialsoup:
quote:
Highlander

One of my all time favorites. The sequels and TV missed the mark. Great soundtrack by Queen also!
If I could have an avatar here, it would be the Kurgan.

--------------------

Marcel Ayme`

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
Django Unchained

A very very good straightforward stylized and wry western set against slavery; with a third act that takes a hard turn to something-else-I-have-no-idea-what. But it loses its way. Some great performances. Some great stuff, but not up to Tarantino's best. B+/A-

B- / C+ Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:

Very good movie.