WTB: Chimere
 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone looking to sell, $1300.

zeuswine @ att.net

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zeus,

Posts: 145 | Registered: Sep 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this the SQN/Chateau St. Jean collab?

Posts: 1540 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering what one of these would go for. The Sanctus (which scored 100) has only one listing one Winesearcher for $1200. Both are magnums, release price on Sanctus is $400 while Chimere is $575. Of course Chimere has the star power with Manfred.

Posts: 94 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: Oct 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:

Correct

A collaboration between Krankl, Maurel and Cambie made up primarily of mourvedre.

Posts: 145 | Registered: Sep 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking to buy one. I'd be in for $1000.

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scarcity on this will be high. Only 380 mags which translates into about 63 cases. As a comparison, NOK cumulus had about 125 and 17th Nail had about 350.

Posts: 94 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: Oct 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bottle for sale if you would be interested in it.

Please email me at omega_910@hotmail.com

Posts: 17 | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One magnum of Chimere available in the UK for about $4200 US. Yikes.

--------------------------------
"We were all newbies once upon a time..."

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:

Danyull . . . it's a SQN and Clos St. Jean (Chateauneuf) collaboration that is primarily Mourvedre. Have one friend on their active list and his allocation is 1 mag. He's been on the list since inception so I am guessing the limit everyone to 1 magnum. Been on the waiting list for 2 years. Got on not too long after they started taking names, but I would imagine I'm still several years from getting an allocation.

Issue with SQN these days is that once folks get on the list, most just don't seem to drop off so always hard to anticipate when you'll get an active list allocation

With NOK, I sent my email in ~45 minutes after the emailer came out . . . still on the waiting list!

Posts: 2170 | Location: Boston | Registered: Jun 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HelmetHead:
One magnum of Chimere available in the UK for about $4200 US. Yikes.

Now that pricing is just outlandish!! Would be awfully curious how this bottle made its way to the UK in the first place (e.g., how many times did this puppy change hands to get to a re-seller in UK). I could easily imagine a 2-3x premium for this wine, but >7x is hard to fathom

Posts: 2170 | Location: Boston | Registered: Jun 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post