Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PETRUS 2000
 Login/Join 
posted
I have 2 bottles of Petrus 2000. Have had them lying down in my Eurocave for 8 yrs now. Have a large expense coming up.. this is the time to part with these gems. Anyone interested pls let me know. I am on the East Coast.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enjoywine . . . just curious what your asking price is for these -- guessing in the low-mid thousands range. I would offer a trade for some other wines, but given your note I'm guessing you're looking for cash offers.

Posts: 2455 | Location: Boston | Registered: Jun 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.. cash only for these. We're funding a project for the kids. Thanks. Far as price.. i sm going by wine-searcher listings unless someone advises me otherwise.

posted Hide Post
This is going to be good...let the flaming begin!

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 992 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is PETRUS the same as petrus?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12355 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screw the wine, I just want the LABELS! Winner

Posts: 5517 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please email me at pcalarkspur at gmail.com

thanks,
patrick

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd pay $2750/btl.

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had more like $3500/bottle + ship/handling charges. This is a very fair price. Sorry for the late reply, been traveling.

I am going by the lowest price on wine searcher & then some. I am on the East Coast.. (New England).. where are you?

posted Hide Post
Andrawes at gmail dot com - $3000/bottle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PersonalWino,

Posts: 90 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Apr 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Genuine curiosity here, all of you folks that are interested and making offers, you really have no issue offering a random person, with no history, nobody vouching for them, etc., $2700+ for an often-forged bottle of wine?

I can see taking a flyer on a $50 bottle of whatever Cali cab, or even something more expensive that isn't so regularly forged, but this is a hell of a stretch.

Anyway, I'm selling some underwater property in the Bahamas, so leave your email and I'll reach out. Heck, if we can make a deal, I'll throw in a bottle of petrus! Any vintage you want!

Posts: 5042 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
Genuine curiosity here, all of you folks that are interested and making offers, you really have no issue offering a random person, with no history, nobody vouching for them, etc., $2700+ for an often-forged bottle of wine?

I can see taking a flyer on a $50 bottle of whatever Cali cab, or even something more expensive that isn't so regularly forged, but this is a hell of a stretch.

Anyway, I'm selling some underwater property in the Bahamas, so leave your email and I'll reach out. Heck, if we can make a deal, I'll throw in a bottle of petrus! Any vintage you want!

I'm not really interested in the wine, Jorge, but ever since my close friend, the Nigerian Prince who just discovered how to access his bank account, told me that my cheque is in the mail, I've been thinking of recreational property in the Bahamas, and underwater sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly. How big is the property? Would it be suitable for a family of four now that the children have developed gills?

This could work out well for everyone.

Posts: 8575 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enjoywine:
I have 2 bottles of Petrus 2000. Have had them lying down in my Eurocave for 8 yrs now. Have a large expense coming up.. this is the time to part with these gems. Anyone interested pls let me know. I am on the East Coast.

What's up Rudy Kurniawan!! How in the world do you get internet access from jail?

Posts: 754 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes.. cash only for these. We're funding a project for the kids. Thanks.

Damn! That's a great one! LOL Who needs MTH!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would make an offer for this, but I am waiting for my winnings to come to me from the British Lottery that I was told I won.

I sent them money to cover the transaction and wiring fees awhile back, but I am still waiting...

Posts: 6524 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Yes.. cash only for these. We're funding a project for the kids. Thanks.

Damn! That's a great one! LOL Who needs MTH!

i can understand the skepticism of posting a high value wine/ wines, on any forum being new. I am trying to do a legitimate transaction. Does not help when the posts do not appear right away since i am a new memebr. Looks to me like some of you have been scammed on these (this site?) sites, which makes me kinda uncomfortable as well. I am in New England.. i'd prefer a local transaction if it came to that so i could transact face to face. I have hesitated to reply to anyone's email on here directly as of yet, as i am first looking for a fair, straightforward price. The moderators here hold posts for 24hrs or more (for new posters like myself - understandable); not sure when the restriction comes off.

Anyway, $3500/bottle. I have 2 of them. Looking for starightforward transaction. Honest buyer, honest seller.. simple as that.

posted Hide Post
quote:

i can understand the skepticism of posting a high value wine/ wines, on any forum being new. I am trying to do a legitimate transaction.... Looks to me like some of you have been scammed on these (this site?) sites, which makes me kinda uncomfortable as well.

Nope. Just common sense. If someone you've never met offered to sell you a work of art by Picasso, and just said, "yeah. it's real. why wouldn't it be?", wouldn't you take a moment before saying "ok! take my money!"?

It's just common sense.

These wines are often forged, and worse, provenance is always a doubt. A random person comes along and says "I'm selling a couple for $3500!", it's only healthy to question, and doubt, the seller.

Posts: 5042 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

i can understand the skepticism of posting a high value wine/ wines, on any forum being new. I am trying to do a legitimate transaction.... Looks to me like some of you have been scammed on these (this site?) sites, which makes me kinda uncomfortable as well.

Nope. Just common sense. If someone you've never met offered to sell you a work of art by Picasso, and just said, "yeah. it's real. why wouldn't it be?", wouldn't you take a moment before saying "ok! take my money!"?

It's just common sense.

These wines are often forged, and worse, provenance is always a doubt. A random person comes along and says "I'm selling a couple for $3500!", it's only healthy to question, and doubt, the seller.

Absolutely healthy to question, no doubt & you make good point. So,on my end.. i have had these in my possession since 2004 & they have been in our Eurocave. Both say right on the label - 'Dreyfus Ashby & CO, New York, NY' assuming they were imported into the U.S before our purchase. Do these forums allow pics? I'd be happy to take some & post as well. I am not in the 'selling' (of wine) business usually.. but, (as i've mentioned).. this year, some important priorities to take care of.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's just common sense.

Absolutely healthy to question, no doubt & you make good point. So,on my end.. i have had these in my possession since 2004 & they have been in our Eurocave. Both say right on the label - 'Dreyfus Ashby & CO, New York, NY' assuming they were imported into the U.S before our purchase. Do these forums allow pics? I'd be happy to take some & post as well. I am not in the 'selling' (of wine) business usually.. but, (as i've mentioned).. this year, some important priorities to take care of.

oh good..its allowing me to post in some sort of real time now.

posted Hide Post
Where in New England? Ill take both for $3200 each. Id do the transaction in person, not over email or mail... andrawes at gmail

Posts: 90 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Apr 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's funny, but just last week I saw a M*A*S*H episode that had Major Winchester hooking up with a French babe. He came into her tent holding a bottle of wine. He claimed it to be a Petrus. I don't remember her challenging his honesty.

I know, this post has nothing to do with what's going on here. I just thought it was funny to have a Petrus reference in a M*A*S*H episode.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
~ I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'.

Posts: 1578 | Registered: Apr 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PersonalWino:
Where in New England? Ill take both for $3200 each. Id do the transaction in person, not over email or mail... andrawes at gmail

That would be great if we can work something out. I am in Massachusetts, where in New England are you? Do you have references? Thanks, i will email you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have references?

LOL

Posts: 2908 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Do you have references?

LOL

lol, i thought the same exact thing.

posted Hide Post
Apparently PersonalWino has 6400 references.

WTF??? Random guy selling expensive wine for cash only asking for references? I don't make a habit of flaming, but this one is special.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5567 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post