WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Buying and Selling    Sine Qua Non "This Is Not An Exit" Estate Syrah & Grenache- New Release
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sine Qua Non "This Is Not An Exit" Estate Syrah & Grenache- New Release
 Login/Join 
posted
Four bottles syrah and two bottles grenache in OWC. Ships in fall 2013. $2200 includes tax and ground shipping.

Will also consider selling single bottles at $425 each. Each of the two previous vintages of these estate wines are currently listed from $449-$800+ per bottle.

Email jennj007 at gmail dot com if interested.

Posts: 390 | Location: In the middle of the polar vortex | Registered: Apr 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least you're not bashful about trying to profit by it. Kudos to you.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13625 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sale pending.

Posts: 390 | Location: In the middle of the polar vortex | Registered: Apr 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:

WIML, I wish I could keep it, but I'm trying to pay off surgery bills right now and don't ever want to skip a SQN allocation. At least I'm selling it for less than what any retail shop will charge.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jennj007:
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:

WIML, I wish I could keep it, but I'm trying to pay off surgery bills right now and don't ever want to skip a SQN allocation. At least I'm selling it for less than what any retail shop will charge.

Don't feel the need to justify it. You're upfront about charging a premium, which is more than fair for SQN. I think WIML was being sincere, not snark.

I wish I had the cash available, I would've made an offer on these.

Posts: 5041 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$2200 for 6 bottles of Syrah and Grenache, is stuff really that much better than other stuff like Saxum, Alban, Denner, Booker to justify these prices ?

Posts: 540 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken, isn't wine primarily about 'taste'? Some people (myself included) may be inclined to pay more for something they appreciate. In my experience (albeit limited with SQN), the B20 I had was tremendous.

Posts: 216 | Registered: Jul 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by welshstar:
$2200 for 6 bottles of Syrah and Grenache, is stuff really that much better than other stuff like Saxum, Alban, Denner, Booker to justify these prices ?

If you're asking "is SQN 5 times better than Alban?" it's impossible to answer.

It's entirely subjective.

You're also dealing in a luxury hobby here; does a Rolex tell time better than a Seiko?

With that being said, the extended age SQN's (which these are), are exceptional wines, and tend to "wow" pretty much everyone except for w+a.

I'm yet to drink one where the general consensus is anything but "that was amazing, and one of the best wines I've ever had". Now, "would you pay $400 for it?" is an entirely different question that has little to do with how good or bad the wine is.

Posts: 5041 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by welshstar:

If you're asking "is SQN 5 times better than Alban?" it's impossible to answer.

It's entirely subjective.

You're also dealing in a luxury hobby here; does a Rolex tell time better than a Seiko?

With that being said, the extended age SQN's (which these are), are exceptional wines, and tend to "wow" pretty much everyone except for w+a.

I'm yet to drink one where the general consensus is anything but "that was amazing, and one of the best wines I've ever had". Now, "would you pay $400 for it?" is an entirely different question that has little to do with how good or bad the wine is.

+1

posted Hide Post
As fate would have it, I just received my postcard from SQN stating I missed this year's allocation...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tfland111:
As fate would have it, I just received my postcard from SQN stating I missed this year's allocation...

+1

Posts: 1692 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lordy, lordy, I must introduce/expose you to more wine palates. Razz Wink

Chapoutier LaLa, Masetto, Tua Rita, Jaboulet La Capelle, Palacios l'Ermita, La Mordoree, La Sizeranne, Chante Alouette Blanc, l'Oree, Le Meal, Les Granits, Unico et al. trump SQN wines the vast majority of the time and without exception. Wink Big Grin

Never get too caught up in the flavor of the month club.

You and I will be drinking wines in April that may shed some light on said opinion. Winner

Posts: 30256 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drink the '89 Chateau Rayas CdP Reserve and tell me what you think of Southern Rhone blends for the money. Big Grin

Posts: 30256 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

Lordy, lordy, I must introduce/expose you to more wine palates. Razz Wink

Chapoutier LaLa, Masetto, Tua Rita, Jaboulet La Capelle, Palacios l'Ermita, La Mordoree, La Sizeranne, Chante Alouette Blanc, l'Oree, Le Meal, Les Granits, Unico et al. trump SQN wines the vast majority of the time and without exception. Wink Big Grin

Never get too caught up in the flavor of the month club.

You and I will be drinking wines in April that may shed some light on said opinion. Winner

sounds like a potential blind tasting somewhere

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12342 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

sounds like a potential blind tasting somewhere

G, looking forward to drinking wine with you again soon, but I just do not enjoy drinking modern and traditional styled wines at the same tasting. I find neither show well overall.

Let's pick one style and enjoy.

posted Hide Post
quote:

WIML, I wish I could keep it, but I'm trying to pay off surgery bills right now

Ooh, a new one! I love this one!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who cares what the reason is, he doesn't have to answer to any of us. A very fair price based on the market.

Posts: 118 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: Oct 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon B:
Who cares what the reason is, he doesn't have to answer to any of us. A very fair price based on the market.

LOL LOL

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

... Never get too caught up in the flavor of the month club...

It's been a pretty long month for SQN, no? Razz Big Grin

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Posts: 3951 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:

WIML, I wish I could keep it, but I'm trying to pay off surgery bills right now

Ooh, a new one! I love this one!

Having had two major surgeries in the past two years, I can empathize with jj007.

"But, if ye wish her grateful prayer,
Gie her a haggis!" -Robert Burns

Posts: 1671 | Location: Traded Paradise for the frozen Finger Lakes | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to sell a part of my allocation for a different reason. My wife is mad about the money I have spent already Frown

Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evaiavorova:
I need to sell a part of my allocation for a different reason. My wife is mad about the money I have spent already Frown

Sorry about the wife, happy to help.
Hippo_mon@yahoo.com

Posts: 722 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippomon:
quote:
Originally posted by evaiavorova:

Sorry about the wife, happy to help.
Hippo_mon@yahoo.com

Have you met my wife? I really did piss her off about my wine purchases this year. Winbid.com and vinfolio.com revenue has exploded since I received my last raise. To top that, now I'm on the SQN list now. She's a little ticked but I told her no more winebid.com. Just purely SQN and some others at vinfolio

posted Hide Post
I am more than glad to help anyone with their SQN collection as long as the seller can get the wine to me in Toronto Canada....zuosi at hotmail

Loves to wine about life

Posts: 197 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zsjoeblack:
I am more than glad to help anyone with their SQN collection as long as the seller can get the wine to me in Toronto Canada....zuosi at hotmail

Not sure how to get wine to canada. if you know, let me know.