WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Buying and Selling    Saxum allocation notification
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saxum allocation notification
 Login/Join 
posted
I've noticed that a lot of you are getting your allocation notices from Saxum and I just have a quick question. I'm on the list, but I've only gotten e-mail notices saying I didn't make the list. When you get notified that you have an allocation, does it come via e-mail or regular mail?

Just curious because I'm hoping to hit the list this year (after a 3 year wait)...

Posts: 203 | Registered: Jul 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Through email

-BR

Posts: 3 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
email

i got my first offer this year after 3.5 years waiting, but after reading a bit, it doesn't seem like I'll be getting many more offers.

For this vintage it seemed that they opted against one of their bottlings and moved the grapes to the Broken Stones bottling, which is why production was so high. I imagine next year it will go back down to normal levels, and I won't get an offer.

I wish listed some Booker and Heart Stone, and was denied. So that tells me the sub-500cs stuff is still sold out.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I assumed I would be notified via e-mail (IF I made it), but just wanted to be sure.

Sounds like I shouldn't hold my breath...

Posts: 203 | Registered: Jul 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive been on the list two years and emailed to ask with all teh extra allocations what the wait time was. I was told i can expect 4 years if lucky, 6 years if not.

Posts: 530 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
email

i got my first offer this year after 3.5 years waiting, but after reading a bit, it doesn't seem like I'll be getting many more offers.

For this vintage it seemed that they opted against one of their bottlings and moved the grapes to the Broken Stones bottling, which is why production was so high. I imagine next year it will go back down to normal levels, and I won't get an offer.

I wish listed some Booker and Heart Stone, and was denied. So that tells me the sub-500cs stuff is still sold out.

Email for me as well after a very similar 3+ years on the waiting list. Same results on wish list -0-. Feel like they reconfigured production to sell a lot more $90 bottles of wine while leaving the door wide open for nothing in subsequent years.

As an aside for another posting, this year we made 3 lists at least where we had been waiting for quite some time. Quite possibly the world of wine is still a bit soft for pricey juice from wineries with a bit of an attitude.

Life is too unpredictable for anything but great wine. Now is the perfect time for the perfect wine…doing my research one bottle at a time.

Posts: 47 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Mar 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tfland111:
I've noticed that a lot of you are getting your allocation notices from Saxum and I just have a quick question. I'm on the list, but I've only gotten e-mail notices saying I didn't make the list. When you get notified that you have an allocation, does it come via e-mail or regular mail?

Just curious because I'm hoping to hit the list this year (after a 3 year wait)...

Actually, both.

Posts: 620 | Location: West Coast | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be careful of your junkmail filter. I missed the two 2006 allocations. Finally got some in 2007.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Dec 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alwebb2000:
Be careful of your junkmail filter. I missed the two 2006 allocations. Finally got some in 2007.

I think I know you Smile
Thank you kind generous alwebb2000 looking forward hosting you and your loved one !

Posts: 719 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRWINELOVER:
Through email

-BR

2012 should be heavy. We already know that 2011 is very light due to weather.

Posts: 102 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippomon:
quote:
Originally posted by alwebb2000:

I think I know you Smile
Thank you kind generous alwebb2000 looking forward hosting you and your loved one !

You do at that sir and sorry I missed your post. Always a delight to see you.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Dec 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post