WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    The Ultimate Wine Shop dot com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ultimate Wine Shop dot com
 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone ever hear of it? Wonder if it has a reputation to date....looks like they hail from New Jersey.

Posts: 522 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have good prices on Italian wines and Napa Cabs, but bordeaux... always just meh. Overall selection is okay, 2006 Insignia was $119.99 at some point in time. I've noticed them through wine-searcher from time to time, but never made a purchase there due to high shipping cost to west coast. That's all I know, hope it helped.

"Believe me, you can count on Slippery Pete" - Kramer

Posts: 1449 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jun 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thx Gundam.

Really curious if they are a trustworthy business as well.

Posts: 522 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are. They're actually Canal's.

UltimateWineShop.com is the web presence of the Joe Canal's Discount Liquor Outlets of Lawrenceville and Woodbridge, New Jersey. We are located at 489 U.S. Route 1 South, Iselin, NJ 08830. We do not take orders over the phone but you can call us for any other support at 1-866-668-2800 and ask for the Ultimate Wine Shop

They have a sister site too. Also they always have a lot of free shipping wines and the prices are generally pretty decent. They're not a great store for higher-end stuff, but they're very convenient for things in the $14-25 range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GregT,

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2672 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundam:
They have good prices on Italian wines and Napa Cabs, but bordeaux... always just meh. Overall selection is okay, 2006 Insignia was $119.99 at some point in time. I've noticed them through wine-searcher from time to time, but never made a purchase there due to high shipping cost to west coast. That's all I know, hope it helped.

They're on my radar, as they carry a few mid-range things that I can no longer get here, but as Gundam mentioned, the cross country shipping kills the value.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:

That is like saying that they are the "Original Ray's Pizza" in Manhattan!

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-
"But is anyone speaking for consumers' best interest? One liquor store owner, Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Company..."-Wine Spectator
"One of the most important retailers in the country"-Wall Street Journal, November 2010
"(T)hese are the kind of posts we've come to expect from NY Retailer."-Board-O
"You're not here to help us. You're here to help yourself..."-Board-O
"You a liar and your motives here are clear to all. Let me repeat- you are a liar."-Board-O

Posts: 753 | Location: New York | Registered: May 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NY Retailer:
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:

That is like saying that they are the "Original Ray's Pizza" in Manhattan!

Eek

You mean Ray's Pizza is related to Canal's??!!!

Holy crap! Devilish

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2672 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post