WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Vintages December 8 2012
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintages December 8 2012
 Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Grinch collaborated on this fine holiday release.

Posts: 5181 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BARNAUT BLANC DE NOIRS
BRUT GRAND CRU CHAMPAGNE

anybody know anything about this?

Posts: 1726 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Actually I can still find at least a few good daily drinkers that I'll want to track down.
Lealtanza Rioja - running low on Rioja Eek
Clavel Pic St Loup - my favourite region of Languedoc
Wynns Cab

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CASETTA VIGNA CASE NERE Barolo

Any experience with this one?

+1 on the Grinch comment. Not much here, but at least that leaves room to get more of items already in stores, Classics leftovers, the upcoming online auction....

Is it too early to comment about how anemic the biweekly offerings have been all year? It seems they have sucked it dry with all the other 'special' offers and programs.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Actually I can still find at least a few good daily drinkers that I'll want to track down.
Lealtanza Rioja - running low on Rioja Eek
Clavel Pic St Loup - my favourite region of Languedoc
Wynns Cab

Nevertheless, a pitiful few lumps of coal to put in your stocking! Roll Eyes

Posts: 5181 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spare us a couple pence, guv'ner? 2 Cents Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
Spare us a couple pence for the auction, guv'ner? 2 Cents Razz

posted Hide Post
Not sure if this interest anyone, but the following wines are in store discoveries.

Ramey Napa Valley Cabernet 2008 $59
Larrivet Haut Brion 2009 $53

Posts: 265 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
Not sure if this interest anyone, but the following wines are in store discoveries.

These look to be decent values, but we'll likely need to go to Oakville for ISDs. For some reason, Burlington gets left out.

Posts: 60 | Location: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Dec 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beta P:
quote:

These look to be decent values, but we'll
likely need to go to Oakville for ISDs. For
some reason, Burlington gets left out.

Or Stoney Creek, not too far of a drive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fowler52,

Posts: 265 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beta P:
quote:

These look to be decent values, but we'll
likely need to go to Oakville for ISDs. For
some reason, Burlington gets left out.

Or Stoney Creek, not to far of a drive.

Agreed, but still frustrating that Burlington's not included.

Posts: 60 | Location: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Dec 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone in the area, the most ridiculous tasting bar is set up right now at the Queens Quay LCBO. Highlights include:

2009 Masseto
2006 L'Ermita
2006 Grange
2008 Insignia
NV Krug Grand Cuvee
2003 Dom Perignon Rose
NV Armand de Brignac Brut Gold Champagne
2005 Cristal
2008 Margaux
2009 Opus One
2009 Sassicaia
2009 Tignanello
2004 Masi Amarone della Valpolicella Mazzano
2004 Masi Amarone della Valpolicella Campolongo di Torbe
2007 Guigal Cote-Rotie Chateau d'Ampuis
2006 Guigal Ermitage Ex Voto Rouge
2006 d'Yquem
Two vintages of Haut Brion (didn't see which, but I think one is 2008)

... and a whole bunch more. They're also pouring Louis XIII for those that like Cognac.

Even for those from K-W, it's probably worth the drive in to taste the wines!

Posts: 10939 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so how do you trick them into letting you have more than 3 pours?

Wink

Posts: 1654 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can get four 1/2 oz pours or two 1 oz pours. I had 1/2 oz pours of the Masseto, L'Ermita, Grange, and Insignia. I was listing the other wines for people that might be interested in the rest of the selection available.

Heck, if I wanted to drop more cash, I could pop over tomorrow and try some more.

Posts: 10939 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if a taste of each is worth $15 per 1/4 ounce....

Posts: 13 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Masseto was $11 per half ounce. L'Ermita a little more.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
For anyone in the area, the most ridiculous tasting bar is set up right now at the Queens Quay LCBO. Highlights include:

2009 Masseto
2006 L'Ermita
2006 Grange
2008 Insignia
NV Krug Grand Cuvee
2003 Dom Perignon Rose
NV Armand de Brignac Brut Gold Champagne
2005 Cristal
2008 Margaux
2009 Opus One
2009 Sassicaia
2009 Tignanello
2004 Masi Amarone della Valpolicella Mazzano
2004 Masi Amarone della Valpolicella Campolongo di Torbe
2007 Guigal Cote-Rotie Chateau d'Ampuis
2006 Guigal Ermitage Ex Voto Rouge
2006 d'Yquem
Two vintages of Haut Brion (didn't see which, but I think one is 2008)

... and a whole bunch more. They're also pouring Louis XIII for those that like Cognac.

Even for those from K-W, it's probably worth the drive in to taste the wines!

Is this the LCBO response to Tim Hudak? LOL

posted Hide Post
Having had my wallet cleaned out through lots of other wine purchases recently, I limited myself to just 6 x 2008 Ramey Napa Cabernet Sauvignon from this release.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cellar Door:
Not sure if a taste of each is worth $15 per 1/4 ounce....

i would tend to agree but if you are going to drop hundreds of dollars on a bottle of wine it might be considered to due diligence to try before you buy.

Posts: 61 | Location: Traverse City | Registered: Oct 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ate (or drank) my own words...went earlier today to try them out. Seems to be a hit, there was quite a crowd around the tasting bar.

Posts: 13 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They added some '07 haut brion red and '06 white, some '06 Palmer, '98 lynch bages, '08 Margaux, '06 Yquem and '05 ducru when I was there.

Posts: 1654 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that was all there yesterday. I just couldn't remember everything in the cornucopia of riches on the Enomatic. Regardless, it's a great treat!

posted Hide Post
Crazy.

Way to marginalize everyone that lives outside of TO.

Also, I can understand why they put wines on the tasting bar that are available, but it seems to me that many of these aren't available. I wonder why they would put them out?

EDIT: on second thought, I'm not sure I would want to run up a $50 tab trying measly 1/2oz pours where I can barely get a read on the wines.

http://thewinenerds.ca/

Posts: 762 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Canuck:
Crazy.

Way to marginalize everyone that lives outside of TO.

Also, I can understand why they put wines on the tasting bar that are available, but it seems to me that many of these aren't available. I wonder why they would put them out?

EDIT: on second thought, I'm not sure I would want to run up a $50 tab trying measly 1/2oz pours where I can barely get a read on the wines.

I have to agree with you Chris...a 1/2 oz pour where I can't get more than 1, maybe 2, good sips isn't worth it for me.
It's a great idea though, if it were in town I would definetly go check it out. Thanks for the heads up Fut!

Posts: 1141 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post