WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Vintages December 8 2012
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintages December 8 2012
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's in the plaza with the Whole Foods. They have a walk-in cellar for their top wines also. It's a big Vintages section.

Not sure about the quality of wines on tap at their tasting bar on a regular basis, but they have a large number of bottles open.

Posts: 10924 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Beta P:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beta P:
quote:
Not sure if this interest anyone, but the following wines are in store discoveries.

Ramey Napa Valley Cabernet 2008 $59
Larrivet Haut Brion 2009 $53

These look to be decent values, but we'll
likely need to go to Oakville for ISDs. For
some reason, Burlington gets left out.

Or Stoney Creek, not to far of a drive.

Agreed, but still frustrating that Burlington's not included.

OMG, there are actually WS Forumites in Oakville/Burlington?! Eek We must offline!! Cool

I'm down for an introduction to an offline. My cellar is very young, but I'm sure I could find something (depending on the grape).

Cool Cool Cool

Let's try for something next month as I will be returning to Ottawa for Christmas in a week or so.

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10691 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ottawa? check out the tasting bar at the rideau location. i hear they put in an enomatic machine at their tasting bar.

it may be the only one with a tasting bar. poor ottawa folks.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
It's in the plaza with the Whole Foods. They have a locked walk-in cellar for their top wines also.

Commoners not allowed in the walk-in cellar unless accompanied by store staff. And the few times I've been at that store, staff are almost impossible to find.

Posts: 2866 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
ottawa? check out the tasting bar at the rideau location. i hear they put in an enomatic machine at their tasting bar.

it may be the only one with a tasting bar. poor ottawa folks.

I know it well and am a regular visitor when I'm in town but it only offers about a dozens bottles - which is still better than none - but nothing like the 50+ offerings at the Oakville store

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10691 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest name at the Oakville tasting bar was a 2009 Ornellaia(was there this past weekend). The rest were wines from the most recent release.

Posts: 260 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post