WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    CellarTracker and Wine Spectator Integration Conversation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CellarTracker and Wine Spectator Integration Conversation
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When you're done killing that horse, can you make me some carpaccio?

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2330 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In deference to EL's request, I'll make this my last post in this thread.....but:

The horse ain't dead. The issue remains valid and unresolved. I'd guess most of the people offering an opinion in this conversation contribute financially both to WS and CT. Our opinions should matter.

I have NO idea what the term "opinion-terrorism" means. I find the use of the word "terrorism," in this context to be distasteful and inappropriate. If you have a problem with a lively conversation regarding issues that are of interest to those who participate then please, feel free to opt out. Labelling it as any form of terrorism is just ridiculous.

PH

Posts: 15078 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Eric has his business to run and WS has theirs and I'm completely cool with the decisions of both of them. Eric said they've spoken so I'm sure they have, and I have no reason to doubt that the conversations were completely professional and cordial.

In the end, there's no reason to imagine one site should link to any other site, other than the fact that a particular user would like that.

But PH -

quote:
I don't recall any that charged for basic access to forums. Are any other forums charging for basic access?

Don't Bob and Jancis?

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2611 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
In deference to EL's request, I'll make this my last post in this thread.....but:

The horse ain't dead. The issue remains valid and unresolved. I'd guess most of the people offering an opinion in this conversation contribute financially both to WS and CT. Our opinions should matter.

I have NO idea what the term "opinion-terrorism" means. I find the use of the word "terrorism," in this context to be distasteful and inappropriate. If you have a problem with a lively conversation regarding issues that are of interest to those who participate then please, feel free to opt out. Labelling it as any form of terrorism is just ridiculous.

PH

Maybe i'm the only person who thinks that the discussion is rather agressive, which is different from lively.
Opinion-terrorism is asking questions like: "Why doesn't WS do what I want"?
Such way of asking questions leads to exactly the kind of agressive discussion in this thread.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1900 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:
Don't Bob and Jancis?

I just found out about Squires. I used to visit ebob for free some time back until I lost interest in the pomposity. I do recall Jancis' site being inaccessible without payment.

Guess I failed in opting out of this thread... Bang

ML.... I still find your choice of words unfortunate.

Now, I'm really out.

PH

Posts: 15078 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post