WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    when/how did you find wine?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

when/how did you find wine?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

-----------------------
I'm a lover not a fighter
aka:Rock&RollCowboy

Posts: 593 | Registered: Mar 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by O1brunello_keeper:
I would say the lame one who can't seem to focus on subject.

On the contrary, I'm completely focused on a subject. Smile

Posts: 180 | Location: Uncharted Desert Isle | Registered: Aug 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. I mean, WOW.

I've been snowed under recently and haven't been posting much. I was half way down page two before I noticed the date and realised it was a bump. I can't believe that I've missed/forgotten it.

Question for the old timers: Did Jones really suffer from Grunhauser syndrome? Most of the good threads from the old days either feature or refer to him, but this is the first one that I can recall which suggests that he used multiple accounts.

Bumped? This is one of those threads that should be PINNED. Big Grin

http://scmwine.info

Posts: 7218 | Location: Santa Clara Valley AVA | Registered: Jul 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is Shane again. I am now 26 and split my time between Vancouver, Seattle, Portland and the Bay area. I would like to clarify afew things from the recent posts:

-I ordered thousands and thousands of dollars of wine online before I was 21 online and never once was asked for ID.

-I am not a creep, far from it.

-Life is still good, in fact great.

Thanks, shane

Posts: 37 | Location: olympia, wa, usa | Registered: Nov 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recent?

http://scmwine.info

Posts: 7218 | Location: Santa Clara Valley AVA | Registered: Jul 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is Shane again. I am now 26 and split my time between Vancouver, Seattle, Portland and the Bay area. I would like to clarify afew things from the recent posts:

-I ordered thousands and thousands of dollars of wine online before I was 21 online and never once was asked for ID.

-I am not a creep, far from it.

-Life is still good, in fact great.

Thanks, shane

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Posts: 2201 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shane, do you still have your home on Texada? We're thinking of renting a cabin there for the May long weekend. Any chance of an offline?

Cheers!

Posts: 8126 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LMFAO! @ this thread!!! Best yet!! Smack

Posts: 2645 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Feb 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since G&PN didn't actually bump this...

Newbies, enjoy! Popcorn

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9634 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dinner at a friend's house in 2005:

Vieux Telegraphe, don't remember vintage
and
1994 Fonseca

Posts: 288 | Location: just south of Napa Valley | Registered: Jul 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Vino Me, I found myself doing a spot of dumpster diving this afternoon, which led me to this thread. The fun starts on page 1.

Who remembers Shanenw1/shanenw/Corkmaster? Lots of old friends in this thread, some missed, some.... not so much.

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10525 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Thanks to Vino Me, I found myself doing a spot of dumpster diving this afternoon, which led me to this thread. The fun starts on page 1.

Who remembers Shanenw1/shanenw/Corkmaster? Lots of old friends in this thread, some missed, some.... not so much.
I was lurking back in those days. This was hysterical! Wonder what ever happened to Shane

Posts: 481 | Location: Nashville,TN | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever the story was or is, I would love to hear it.

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10525 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Winetech:
I was lurking back in those days. This was hysterical! Wonder what ever happened to Shane

I am sure he would have kept posting but he was probably recruited by the CIA to go deep cover in France. His extensive wine collection and knowledge allows him to blend in seemlessly.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father introduced wine to me when I graduated from college. Once sip and I never went back to cheap beer!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL..think he has the "undercover" on 2009 Bordeaux?

Agree bman..He either had the best imagination around, or would be a mighty interesting character to find out about.

Posts: 481 | Location: Nashville,TN | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, that was very entertaining read. Was there only one "Shane" or was there two or three? Is there a real Shane and if so I'd like to meet him.

Posts: 1196 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LMAO!!!

This was the perfect read heading into the weekend Popcorn

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While waiting for approval for the past 5-6 days, I had a chance to go through quite a number of older posts... Came across this one and just had to bump it and make it my inaugural post. I would be remiss if I did not share such a hilarious thread with other newer forum members. Epic reading. I look forward to gaining additional knowledge from others, while imparting a few pearls of my own... Thanks for having such a great forum to share a love of wine.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 2356 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as we are dumpster diving for classics, I think this may be one of the all-time top 5. Banana

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyV:
Let's see now. I'd like to get into the art world. I'm only 21. I don't know anything about art. I don't want to go to art school because it's too technical. And I spend all of my disposalable cash on art. I think what I'll do instead is go to the next Sotheby's auction and buy 8 figures worth of Monets and Picassos. Anyone got any suggestions on how I should get started?

in hindsight, this was some surprisingly good advice.

I wish someone had told me when iw as 21 to hit the sotheby's auction and buy 8 figures worth of picassos.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 10982 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ty Tannique:
Sooooo, you were celibate... by choice... for a decade.

OK, I believe you. Smile

Right in the middle of this great run, you were struck by "what is commonly known, as a flesh eating bacteria".
I was just wondering, what if this bacteria attacked you because you were celibate. You know, nobody is interested, might as well jump on him. Big Grin
And did you use "flesh eating bacteria" in pick up lines after your recovery? Big Grin

Lol

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6501 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow . . . I first saw this thread just a few days ago and thought it was relatively new (and not 11 years old).

Thanks to whoever brought this puppy out from the archives. This is some great reading!

Posts: 1576 | Location: Boston | Registered: Jun 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm at a loss for words after reading this thread. Wow...

Posts: 146 | Location: Springfield MA | Registered: Jun 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post