WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What distilled beverage are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 57
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What distilled beverage are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bunnahabhain 18

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36882 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Macallan 18.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redbreast 12 year

Posts: 6484 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Angostura 1919 Rum

WOW. The nose here is unreal.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2952 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare 17 Year

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2952 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lagavulin 16

Yes...I'm in to a little bit of everything tonight!

Posts: 1300 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four Roses Small Batch 2012 Limited.
Second best bourbon I have ever had !

Thank you sir...may I have another ?

Posts: 122 | Location: Brookfield, WI | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Angostura 1919 Rum

love that stuff. went through an inordinate amount this past summer.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Angostura 1919 Rum

where do I find that? Sounds amazing....is it available?

Posts: 1137 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bowmore Enigma 12yr

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3488 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caol Ila 12, nice, light in color, but for the same money, I slightly prefer Lagavulin 16.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36882 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glenlivet 18. Last of the bottle...

Posts: 130 | Registered: Nov 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Angostura 1919 Rum

I'm not a big rum drinker; got burned out on the stuff during a vacation on St. Thomas, VI many years ago.
But would you recommend this as a gift to a friend who still enjoys it?

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6816 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
zacapa 23yo.... trying to shake a cold gifted to our home from daycare....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron Millionario - Sistema Solera 15 Reserva Especial

I'm loving the rum!

Posts: 130 | Registered: Nov 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked a Dry Fly Triticale whiskey. Will crack it next weekend and post notes.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6816 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glenfiddich 15 is nice. I have a gift pack with 12, 15, and 18 in it. I think I'll have to try all of them side-by-side.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3488 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight with sushi,

Kuromatsu Hakushika Junmai Daiginjo. Very good.

Posts: 1630 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnnie Walker Black. I was gifted this. The thought was appreciated, the whiskey itself, not so much.....

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whisky tasting at a local shop:
Couvreur "Overaged", very basic pure malt, unpeated, clean and well crafted
Couvreur "Candid", only 6yr old, yet very rounded, matured in PX cask
Couvreur "Blossoming Auld Sherried", best of the tasting, 15yr old matured in PX, marvelously balanced, beautiful sherry note.
Uberach (from Alsace, aged in Banyuls cask), a big surprise, very delicate, well crafted.
Bunnahabhain Toiteach un-chillfiltered (slightly more peated than the usual Bunnahabhain, still very subtle), not exactly cheap, but still my QPR favourite of the tasting.

Took home a bottle of Bunnahabhain Toiteach and Couvreur Blossoming Auld Sherried

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1914 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) Réserve Spéciale

2011 Freemark Abbey Chardonnay

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6373 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Angostura 1919 rum

Posts: 5988 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
2009 Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) Réserve Spéciale

2011 Freemark Abbey Chardonnay

Well said, but wrong thread, Ed. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinT,

Posts: 2830 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Glenfiddich 15 is nice. I have a gift pack with 12, 15, and 18 in it. I think I'll have to try all of them side-by-side.

Good idea to try them all side by side vs. saving for one at a time. I once did that with all the Remy's from their basic Cognac through to the Louis X111, all from full bottles so we has some left over for later. The difference was clear as we moved though the progression.

Enjoy your your whiskey tasting!

Posts: 1923 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McClelland Single Malt Islay Scotch

Lagavulin 16

Victory loves preparation.

Posts: 260 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post