WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What distilled beverage are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
What distilled beverage are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
- Bruichladdich "The Laddie 10."

I have yet to find a Single Malt in this price point that even comes close...
 
Posts: 1472 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Maker's Mark to dilute it's bourbon.
My god, is nothing sacred?


***********
A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.
 
Posts: 6770 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Bowmore 12 year.
 
Posts: 9404 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Lot No. 40 Single Copper Pot Still Canadian Whisky

Jameson
Jameson Special Reserve 12
Redbreast Single Pot Still 12

Aberlour 12
 
Posts: 2736 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Maker's Mark to dilute it's bourbon.
My god, is nothing sacred?


They decided not to dilute. Thank goodness.
 
Posts: 6439 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
....

Jameson
Jameson Special Reserve 12
Redbreast Single Pot Still 12

...


Nice Irish line-up, imho the best besides the Middleton very rare. Is that a personalised bottle of the Jameson 12 special reserve, from the distillery in Middleton?


There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)
 
Posts: 1872 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
....

Jameson
Jameson Special Reserve 12
Redbreast Single Pot Still 12

...


Nice Irish line-up, imho the best besides the Middleton very rare. Is that a personalised bottle of the Jameson 12 special reserve, from the distillery in Middleton?


Indeed. A friend who works for Pernod Ricard got a tour of the bottling plant last year. In a few months he's headed back for a visit to the distillery itself.
 
Posts: 2736 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Maker's Mark to dilute it's bourbon.
My god, is nothing sacred?


They decided not to dilute. Thank goodness.

That was a close call. I was actually considering doing an Arizona run to stock up. Oh, and see my buddy, of course.


***********
A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.
 
Posts: 6770 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Old Fashioned with Maker's Mark - I'm stocked up in case they run out.
 
Posts: 616 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the decision by Makers Mark to consider diluting their bourbon.

If increased demand is making the product scarce, it seems to me that the simple solution for the company is to raise the wholesale price accordingly, not to dilute the product.
 
Posts: 6439 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
....

Jameson
Jameson Special Reserve 12
Redbreast Single Pot Still 12

...


Nice Irish line-up, imho the best besides the Middleton very rare. Is that a personalised bottle of the Jameson 12 special reserve, from the distillery in Middleton?


Indeed. A friend who works for Pernod Ricard got a tour of the bottling plant last year. In a few months he's headed back for a visit to the distillery itself.


Cool. Strangely Jameson's Middleton distillery sells the personalised Jameson bottles, whereas the Dublin Distillery sells the Middleton very rare, which you can't find in Middleton.


There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)
 
Posts: 1872 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
I don't understand the decision by Makers Mark to consider diluting their bourbon.

If increased demand is making the product scarce, it seems to me that the simple solution for the company is to raise the wholesale price accordingly, not to dilute the product.

My buddy in AZ is the one who alerted me to this. He is in advertising, and predicted it would be a PR nightmare. Thankfully, they've removed the bullet from their foot.


***********
A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.
 
Posts: 6770 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Convalmore 28 cask strength, 1977/2005


There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)
 
Posts: 1872 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I had a Ketel One martini last night. I guess that counts.
 
Posts: 6439 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Basil Hayden Straight Bourbon.


Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.
 
Posts: 2385 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year old Solera


Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.
 
Posts: 2289 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Maker's Mark; 45% alcohol, thank you.


***********
A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.
 
Posts: 6770 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
I don't understand the decision by Makers Mark to consider diluting their bourbon.

If increased demand is making the product scarce, it seems to me that the simple solution for the company is to raise the wholesale price accordingly, not to dilute the product.


Beam Inc won't do that as it will cannibalize on their product pricing ladder - directly competing with Knob Creek.
 
Posts: 616 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Tito's vodka tonic - Getting ready for the weekend!!!
 
Posts: 3128 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Titos rocks! (meaning that I think Titos rocks, not that I'm having a Titos Rocks).


Cheers!
 
Posts: 2884 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from a retailer saying that some Woodford Reserve Master's Four Wood Finish is available. Has anyone tried it? Worth a C-note?


***********
A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.
 
Posts: 6770 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
A son-in-law served me Woodinville Whiskey Co. 100% Rye. Intriguing stuff. Wild and sappy, with multiple dimensions.
I highly recommend that the locals give a try. I doubt that it is available elsewhere.
 
Posts: 2286 | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pape du neuf:
A son-in-law served me Woodinville Whiskey Co. 100% Rye. Intriguing stuff. Wild and sappy, with multiple dimensions.
I highly recommend that the locals give a try. I doubt that it is available elsewhere.

I have tried their Bourbon, it was decent. I'll have to give the rye a shot.
Have you seen their white whiskey that comes with a micro barrel to age it in?


***********
A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.
 
Posts: 6770 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Chabasse XO
 
Posts: 1483 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Boulard Calvados Pays d'Auge XO


"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton
 
Posts: 3463 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 54 
 

WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What distilled beverage are you drinking?

© Wine Spectator 2013