WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What distilled beverage are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What distilled beverage are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bulleit Rye Manhattan

Posts: 2181 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cedar Ridge Bourbon.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glengoyne Tokay Cask 1996/2008 special edition
Convalmore 28yr, cask strength 57.9% vol, 1977/2005 limited edition

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1904 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:

There seems to be a nice selection of SMWs available in Luxemburg.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3472 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clase Azul Ultra Tequilla Anejo. Amazing.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:

There seems to be a nice selection of SMWs available in Luxemburg.

There sure is, the Glengoyne is from a little shop in Mainz(Germany) though, whose owner is a Glengoyne and Auchentoshan fanatic.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1904 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Highland Park 18 year on Monday night
Eagle Rare 17 tonight

Posts: 2181 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Bottle blended whisky. Smokey, sweet, delicious. Under $20 too.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rum Ron Zacapa Centenario XO, very very good

posted Hide Post
Lagavulin 16 last night.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suntory Hakushu 12
Ardbeg Supernova

The Dude abides.

Posts: 2998 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a wager with a very good friend of mine that is a life-long Saints fan.

My wager: the Saints will not be above .500 by the end of the season.

If I win, he has to buy me a bottle of tequila (up to $500 in value). If he wins, I have to open a couple of "nice" bottles of Cab, his preferred varietal.

Any suggestions on the tequila I am going to win? Woot

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6100 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ty Ku Sake Black Junmai Ginjo, served with a sushi lunch. Really good stuff.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:

Agreed, I love this stuff. That said, I think they're still fermenting it as opposed to distilling. Wink

PH

Posts: 15082 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:

Agreed, I love this stuff. That said, I think they're still fermenting it as opposed to distilling. Wink

PH

On the menu, they also featured the more exclusive Ty Ku Sake White Junmai Dainginjo.
I was intrigued, but at $150 for a 375 ml bottle, I could not pull that trigger for lunch!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ty Ku Sake White Junmai Dainginjo.
I was intrigued, but at $150 for a 375 ml bottle, I could not pull that trigger for lunch!

Well, there's always dinner.... Cool

PH

Posts: 15082 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little chill in the air tonight. Macallan 18 on tap. Tis the season.....

PH

posted Hide Post
quote:
A little chill in the air tonight. Macallan 18 on tap. Tis the season.....

PH
I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down a bit. It has probably been the warmest summer I can remember in Socal this year. We usually have a handful of over 90 days in the summer, but this year has been nonstop. Due to the warm weather, I have been enjoying a lot of negroni’s and aperol spritz this summer. Pretending to be on the coast in Italy. Smile

Posts: 6480 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had an unusually hot summer here as well. This past few weeks, I haven't had to use any climate control at all. Daytime highs from high 60s to mid 70s. Nightime from 50s to 60s. I open the windows for the day, and shut them in time to capture the warmth for the evening. AM wakeup, it's usually mid to upper 60s in the house. Perfect. I wish it was like this 365.

PH

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ty Ku Sake White Junmai Dainginjo.

Well, there's always dinner.... Cool

PH

Indeed!

posted Hide Post
Maker's Mark to make a proper Old Fashioned.

Posts: 661 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basil Hayden 8 year

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1938 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Van Winkle 15. I prefer cooler weather when drinking bourbon and it's still a little too warm in San Diego. Trying to find some George T Stagg bourbon this year.

Posts: 176 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Dec 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
42Below vodka, in a moscow mule with an Australian ginger beer called Bundaberg

Posts: 281 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Highland Park 18. Much better value than Macallan 18.

---------------------------------------------------------
"...And so ultimately you didn't blame Lil John or Meat Loaf. You fired Gary Busey. And these are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night. Well-handled, sir. Well-handled."

Posts: 1405 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post