WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What distilled beverage are you drinking?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 57
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What distilled beverage are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Tong BBP:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by CRB:
A single malt with 1/2 of a tiny ice cube is perfect and about the same as a couple drops of water and doesn't chill the scotch.

Yes it does. That's ice's defining characteristic.

Post Of The Year.

LOL !! Boardo, thanks for the clarification. Big Grin

Carrie
Napa Valley Wine & Cigar

Posts: 383 | Location: Napa Valley | Registered: May 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.U. Hoosier:
I have a personal preference for the
whiskeys of Ireland. From what I have observed not a whole lot of people have ventured into this venue. I would suggest that you scotch fans give it a try. For everyday drinking I prefer Jamison. For great sipping I strongly suggest Blackbush.
One word.... "Ick".

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
One word.... "Ick".

Elitest Razz

Posts: 15636 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did a side-by-side of Macallan 18 and Lagavulin 16 tonight (no wine). The honey and smooth Macallan were excellent, but I slightly prefer the bite of the Lagavulin.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37027 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried Maker's Mark's new "46" bourbon tonight. It was quite good, maybe a little more complex than the standard Maker's.

Posts: 140 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: Apr 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herrudura Anejo Tequila. As an aside, Casa Herrudura is a great old property to visit if you find yourself in Jalisco State for Tequila tours.

Posts: 5523 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a Bunnahabhain 18 about a week agaoi and have taken only a small taste, but I like it a lot. It's a bit smoother than the 12, which is not necessarily a plus for me with an Islay, but the total package is stunning.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37027 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caol Ila 18

He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists.

Posts: 378 | Location: Ontario - where the activist centre will make it all just right | Registered: Nov 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winederlust:
Caol Ila 18

Winederlust - please shoot me an email at joer2112 at yahoo dot com.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ardbeg 10 years old, distilled 1994, 50%vol, "Old Malt Cask" series, Douglas Laing
Brora 20 years old, distilled 1982 , natural cask strength 58,1% vol, "Rare malts selection", Diageo

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1935 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
25 year old DePaz Rhum Agricole from Martinique. Stunning.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2464 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At wedding Makers Mark

At home, Basil Hayden

Mount Gay Rum Extra Old - very tasty stuff

Posts: 6044 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been going through a bottle of Diplomatico 12 Year Reserva Exclusiva Rum lately. To this day, the best liquor I've ever tasted.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been sipping on the following, lately:

Pappy Van Winkle 12yr
Templeton Rye

At The Publican I had a taste of the Pappy Van Winkle 20yr. It was unbelievable!

------------------------------
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Millie brought back some Stranahans from Denver that was really very nice:

http://www.stranahans.com/index.php?q=some

Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com

Posts: 7680 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

At home, Basil Hayden

me too, and i'm loving it

Posts: 5076 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dalmore 1263 King Alex III - so smooth.

Karen
www.jeanedwardscellars.com

You should only make wines you love to drink...

Posts: 522 | Location: Napa and 74-41 | Registered: Mar 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Berno, that Pappy 20 is pretty great stuff. Have you tried the 23? I haven't but would love a dram. From what I've heard, it's the Romanee-Conti of bourbons.

Posts: 748 | Location: St Louis, MO | Registered: Feb 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
21 yr Auchentoshan. It's a splendid bottle.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5568 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that sounds like a nice bottle. One of my favourite distilleries. Are you a Lowland fan?

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1935 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that calls for a Glengoyne 10y (allthough not Lowlands, it's unpeated Lowland style. Situated near Glasgow, on the fringe between Lowlands and Highlands)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Squirreljam:
Berno, that Pappy 20 is pretty great stuff. Have you tried the 23? I haven't but would love a dram. From what I've heard, it's the Romanee-Conti of bourbons.

I have not, there's a bottle left in my store. It's quite tempting, but I like the 12 year enough to keep me satisfied.

------------------------------
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another glass of basil hayden's

you know, this is a much less expensive form of intoxication.... Smile

Posts: 5076 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winederlust:
Caol Ila 18

having 1998 caol ila madeira wood finish Smile

Posts: 2144 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redbreast 12y pure pot still Irish Whiskey