WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What distilled beverage are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What distilled beverage are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Cool

Tasty stuff!

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Tasted Macallan 12, 15, 17 & 25 today at a tasting.

Any favorites? I will be enjoying an 18 later this evening.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2879 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know Macallan made a 17. I've had the 12 and the 18.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36772 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
I didn't even know Macallan made a 17. I've had the 12 and the 18.

Nor did I.

I was told, 8,10,12,15,17,18,21,25 & 30.

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Tasted Macallan 12, 15, 17 & 25 today at a tasting.

Any favorites? I will be enjoying an 18 later this evening.

Please know, I'm no expert.

I liked the flavor of the 17 and the smoothness of the 25.

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got to enjoy some Pappy Van Winkle 12 yr, 20 yr and 23 yr last night with friends. some of the best stuff around imo.

Dale

Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance. - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 867 | Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI | Registered: Apr 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basil Hayden's Bourbon.

Posts: 9404 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Balvenie 14 Year Caribbean Cask

---------------------------------------------------------
"...And so ultimately you didn't blame Lil John or Meat Loaf. You fired Gary Busey. And these are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night. Well-handled, sir. Well-handled."

Posts: 1405 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedMeat:
Balvenie 14 Year Caribbean Cask

Never heard of that one, sounds great. It's Rum finish, i guess, rather than aged in coconuts?

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1873 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midnight Moon. It was interesting.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare 10 and 17 year. The 17 has always been one of my favorites and I always try to pick up a bottle from Binny's each year when it is released.

Posts: 2175 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hendrick's Gin with St. Germaine Tonic

Posts: 5906 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jefferson's Presidential Select 18 Yr - Really good stuff

Posts: 6444 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some single malts after dinner last night.
Glenlivet 12
Macallan, both 12 and 15

Posts: 5405 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Riazul Añejo

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need a sub $50 single malt. I believe macallean 10 is in that price range but would like to try something new. Any recs?

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
Need a sub $50 single malt. I believe macallean 10 is in that price range but would like to try something new. Any recs?

Dalmore 12 - tasty and a cool bottle.
Glenmorangie 12 Quinta Ruban if you likd a little sweetness. This one is aged in port barrels.

Posts: 5405 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Recently tried Ardbeg 10, which should be in this price range. I've intro'd it to a few friends and everyone has come back with rave reviews.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nixster2:
quote:

Recently tried Ardbeg 10, which should be in this price range. I've intro'd it to a few friends and everyone has come back with rave reviews.

+1

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1873 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like the Strathisla 12. It is not a peaty style at all. Lots of honey and some spice. Perfect for the holidays, says I. $40-ish in Chicago.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

Sounds awesome. What's St. Germaine Tonic? Do you combine the two or is it an off-the-shelf product?

Posts: 45 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ardbeg Uigeadail.

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bunnahabhain 18

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36772 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Armani Widowmaker:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

Sounds awesome. What's St. Germaine Tonic? Do you combine the two or is it an off-the-shelf product?

St Germain is a elderflower liquor by itself that retails under 40usd. For the lack of better description, it has a honey-lychee flavor that puts Soho to shame, but more sweet, more floral, and more complex. It is well known for versatility with cognac, rum, Hendrick's gin etc etc.., but I usually drink it just on the rocks.

"Believe me, you can count on Slippery Pete" - Kramer

Posts: 1425 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jun 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
glen morangie 18 yr

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11898 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post