WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What distilled beverage are you drinking?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What distilled beverage are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted
Sipping some Sauza Reposado Tequila. Cleaning everything out before a retailer Champagne/sparkling tasting tomorrow!
Smile

Posts: 5376 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Christmas time and that always brings a bottle of B&B into the house. Cool

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maker's Mark bourbon in my Old Fashions. The angostura bitters add just the right amount of Christmas spices to the drink! Big Grin

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6749 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gin made just a few blocks from where i live:
breuckelen gin

Eek

-----------------------------

Go Yankees! Razz

Posts: 8463 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a dram of Provenance Single Malt Winter Distillation before dinner.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36748 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Macallan 18 and a good cigar tonight.

PH

Posts: 14981 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Macallan 18 and a good cigar tonight.

PH

Cool Nice. Very nice.

Posts: 15390 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no cigar but a nice Laphroaig..neat of course.

Posts: 3700 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mareff:

I always prefer a single drop or even two of water off of an ice cube in my single.

Posts: 30014 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
balvenie 15 yr neat

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11728 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

I always prefer a single drop or even two of water off of an ice cube in my single.

In Scotland, no ice! They'll add a few drops of water though.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36748 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

In Scotland, no ice! They'll add a few drops of water though.

Completely agree, a drop or two, off of an ice cube, but never ice.

Posts: 30014 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Btw, w+a, I had a nice discussion about single malts with Olivier Humbrecht this summer. His wife is Scottish and they were about to leave for a vacation in Scotland. He gave the name of a single malt site he frequents.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Btw, w+a, I had a nice discussion about single malts with Olivier Humbrecht this summer. His wife is Scottish and they were about to leave for a vacation in Scotland. He gave the name of a single malt site he frequents.

I hold Olivier in high regard, and would think you would connect with him as well, Board-O.

I thought he was a true Renaissance man, and one of the finest visits to a winery I have ever experienced.

posted Hide Post
some nice sipping rums

Posts: 344 | Location: Calgary | Registered: Jul 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A single malt with 1/2 of a tiny ice cube is perfect and about the same as a couple drops of water and doesn't chill the scotch. I would never think of using a regular sized ice cube.

Carrie
Napa Valley Wine & Cigar

Posts: 383 | Location: Napa Valley | Registered: May 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i personally dont like it chilled at all, it numbs the mouth for some of the sweetness and secondary flavors.

i do the 2-3 drops of water but definitely at room temp.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11728 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good start of the month yesterday night:
-2005 Nicolas Joly Clos de la Coulée de Serrant
-1998 Altesino BdM Montosoli (wow!)
-1997 Pian delle Vigne BdM (getting tired)
-1990 Suiduiraut

Posts: 985 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRB:
A single malt with 1/2 of a tiny ice cube is perfect and about the same as a couple drops of water and doesn't chill the scotch.

Yes it does. That's ice's defining characteristic.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
Brora 20y 1982 cask strength, rare malts selection

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1861 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the Green Fairy

Posts: 718 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of stranahans whiskey.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippomon:
Love the Green Fairy

I've been seeking an introduction to her for some time. I just can't see myself forking over for what are probably inferior US versions.

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6749 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CRB:
A single malt with 1/2 of a tiny ice cube is perfect and about the same as a couple drops of water and doesn't chill the scotch.

Yes it does. That's ice's defining characteristic.

Post Of The Year.

http://scmwine.info

Posts: 7218 | Location: Santa Clara Valley AVA | Registered: Jul 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a personal preference for the
whiskeys of Ireland. From what I have observed not a whole lot of people have ventured into this venue. I would suggest that you scotch fans give it a try. For everyday drinking I prefer Jamison. For great sipping I strongly suggest Blackbush.

Posts: 98 | Location: St John, IN | Registered: Oct 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post