WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    2009 Isosceles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 Isosceles
 Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone had this vintage? I've had two bottles and LOVE the way it's drinking now. Tons of cherry, vanilla, really juicy and I didn't pair it with food other than some cheese (suggestions for similar wines like this at the same or lower price-point would be really appreciated).

I'm wondering how this will cellar. I purchased 3 additional bottles and I'm thinking of getting a few more to lay down. Any thoughts on how this will age? Do you think it'll lose some fruit and become a bit more mineral-y?

On a side note, It seems the '09 could be the year this wine really changes. The old winemaker is gone and it seems there is an entirely new staff in charge of wine making since the winery purchase(?)

I've been out of the business for about 6 years and haven't kept up with recent vintages as much as I would hope to, sorry if this has been covered already.

Posts: 41 | Location: 805 - California | Registered: Jan 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The older vintages were great. The newer ones seemed a bit watered down (probably the Fiji water) I just had to say that Big Grin

"A bottle of wine contains more advice then any self help book in the world"

Posts: 1038 | Location: Around Boston | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the 2009 vintage yet but my folks did on a recent trip to Palm Springs. They had nothing but good things to say about it. So much so that they were trying to find bottles of it locally once they came back home.

Posts: 216 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
I haven't had the 2009 vintage yet but my folks did on a recent trip to Palm Springs. They had nothing but good things to say about it. So much so that they were trying to find bottles of it locally once they came back home.

It's coming to Vintages in the March 2nd release, albeit at $78.95. BTW, we enjoyed the '05 last weekend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beta P,

Posts: 51 | Location: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Dec 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too much other wines at that price point for me.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The '09 Isosceles is a solid wine, and a good buy < $60, which is retail in my area. At $78.95, I'm not so sure...

BTW, if you can source the '03 or '07, both are fantastic.

Posts: 1521 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that price seems high. You used to be able to get the Reserve for that amount.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1897 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah.......the days when I bought a case of the 1997 for $27/ea. I hear the '09 is the best in a long time. I will have to call my supplier and see if they have any.

IW

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 4984 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post