WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What 2009 Bordeaux did you buy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What 2009 Bordeaux did you buy?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

Most of my friends that are ITB prefer 10, but I haven’t tasted enough to form an opinion.

The two palates I respect the most ITB both strongly prefer the 2010's.

Agreed.

Posts: 1726 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It will be fun to compare 00, 05, 09 and 10 down the road when they are ready

I am trying to get there of course with a "pedestrian" daily drinker. I have 00, 05 and a futures order of the 2010 of Les Ormes de Pez. Will look for the 09. I was thinking having them in a mini vertical in 2015. Do you think it is worth adding the 03 to the lineup?

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1679 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
It will be fun to compare 00, 05, 09 and 10 down the road when they are ready

I am trying to get there of course with a "pedestrian" daily drinker. I have 00, 05 and a futures order of the 2010 of Les Ormes de Pez. Will look for the 09. I was thinking having them in a mini vertical in 2015. Do you think it is worth adding the 03 to the lineup?

I suppose it depends on your palate. I found that a lot of the 2003's were overblown and ripe for my tastes. Some were pruny although there were some very well made wines as well. You're probably safe with what you have though.

Posts: 1726 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post