WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Morlet Family Cabernets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Morlet Family Cabernets
 Login/Join 
posted
I note in the last addition of WA that these cabs and blends received very favorable reviews.Has anyone on the board had any experience concerning same?

Posts: 100 | Location: St John, IN | Registered: Oct 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of Luc Morlet's wines are outstanding. I have not had the latest releases though. He is one of the "good guys" in todays California wine making world.

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5024 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tasted through their lineup at the winery and thought they were one of the most impressive of our Napa tasting visits. Their cabs and blends showed lovely grip while not being overly drying & tannic, while still showing great fruit. Great wines, just sit them down for 5-10 before you touch them. Tasting notes posted on CellarTracker.

Posts: 148 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: Jul 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a bigger fan earlier in his young career.

The Chards are over oaked and the PNs are not as refined as they used to be.

Cabs are very expensive for my taste.

Full disclosure: I sell these wines.

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-
"But is anyone speaking for consumers' best interest? One liquor store owner, Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Company..."-Wine Spectator
"One of the most important retailers in the country"-Wall Street Journal, November 2010
"(T)hese are the kind of posts we've come to expect from NY Retailer."-Board-O
"You're not here to help us. You're here to help yourself..."-Board-O
"You a liar and your motives here are clear to all. Let me repeat- you are a liar."-Board-O

Posts: 752 | Location: New York | Registered: May 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post