WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Wine Party Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wine Party Question
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi All.. need a tip on a couple of wines... I don't think my last post went on the forum..
Looking for a wine under $10 that is super good.. we will have 6 wines ranging from $2-$100..
I also want to try the trick of seeing if someone can tell the different between a white and red without seeing the color.. (of course this is after all the other tastings..
Input would be fabulous!
Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few suggestions of quality for under or around $10.

Chateau d'Oupia les Heretiques

Garnacha de Fuego old vines (a bit of a mass production feel at times, but can show well with air)

Pepiere Muscadet (regular bottling can be found for that price)

Marietta old vines can be had around this price (10-11)

Domaine Guion Bourgeuil (available from Chambers for, IIRC, 11, but case discount brings it down) This wine is awesome, providing you like old school loire cab franc.

Louis Jadot Beaujolais or Beaujolais Villages

You may be able to find Potel Aviron Beajolais village for about this price as well (Winesearcher shows two locations at under $11, don't know if they offer case discounts)

Cave de Saumur blanc (Chenin, an incredible deal), or Rouge (Cab franc, good if not as good) are available for less than 9 by the case I think.

Posts: 477 | Registered: Mar 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRaley:
Hi All.. need a tip on a couple of wines... I don't think my last post went on the forum..
Looking for a wine under $10 that is super good.. we will have 6 wines ranging from $2-$100..
I also want to try the trick of seeing if someone can tell the different between a white and red without seeing the color.. (of course this is after all the other tastings..
Input would be fabulous!
Thanks!

get some spanish white grenacha's

I'd bet you'd fool everyone if it was in a black glass

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11888 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post