WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Natalie MacLean accused of copyright infringement of wine reviews
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Natalie MacLean accused of copyright infringement of wine reviews
 Login/Join 
Executive Editor
Wine Spectator

posted Hide Post
Futronic:

Wine Spectator never cites reviews from other critics. And we do not permit other wine writers to post Wine Spectator reviews, except with explicit permission. You can find our policies regarding the use of our reviews here: http://www.winespectator.com/d.../show/id/ratings_use

Unfortunately, there's a lot of unauthorized use and it's difficult to police the internet. However, Natalie Maclean has agreed to remove all Wine Spectator reviews from her site.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Dec 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Thomas,

I never suggested that Wine Spectator cites reviews from other critics. What I was referencing was the article that stated Natalie Maclean's website was citing reviews from other critics, including those from Wine Spectator.

The reason why I mentioned your name was that, as Executive Editor of Wine Spectator, you probably knew about this issue and were taking appropriate action.

Regardless, I wanted to post the link to the blog and situation because of the number of Canadians (and specifically Ontarians) on the forum that would find this of interest.

Posts: 10838 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Executive Editor
Wine Spectator

posted Hide Post
Futronic,

Right, sorry if I gave a wrong impression; my reference was to other posts in the thread. I do appreciate it when readers bring these situations to our attention; we can't keep up with everything.

The same applies, by the way, to cases where restaurants who have won awards from Wine Spectator for their wine lists may have misrepresented what they actually offer their customers. We appreciate assistance in ensuring that we maintain our standards.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Dec 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post