WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Querce Bettina in Ontario
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Querce Bettina in Ontario
 Login/Join 
posted
Limited quantities of Querce Bettina will soon be available in Ontario, but will only be available through the agent in six-packs and will not appear on store shelves.

Here's the question - and just so you know, your answer may help determine quantities brought into the province - if the 2005 Brunello, 2007 Brunello and 2006 Brunello Riserva were available, how many of each might you be interested in? Remember - cases can be split, so if you're interested in less than a case, just post number of bottles and arrangements can be made.

Approximate pricing:

2005 Brunello: $60
2007 Brunello: $75
2006 Riserva: $100

I'll start:

6 X 2007
6 X 2006 Riserva

Thanks.

Posts: 2953 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not living in Ontario, but if that was the case I would buy some '05 to drink during the next few years and some '06 riserva and '07 to stow away for quite some time to come.

Add some '04 to that and its exatly what you find in my cellar Big Grin

Albert Jochems
- life is to short to drink bad wines -

Posts: 719 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: Aug 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance of getting the 2006 normale?

Posts: 5189 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no. The winery is sold out.

If people are interested but don't want to list quantities here, send me an email at <...>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinT,

Posts: 2953 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can put me down for:

4 x 2007 normale
2 x 2006 riserva

Posts: 5189 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to taste first.
If the wine is as good as the hype, I'm in for a case of each.

Posts: 1739 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Roberto this week and he said he had no order from the SAQ for the '06 Riserva. I am assuming that VinT is the only option for the QB '06 Riserva.

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Longboarder is correct, no order has been placed yet. The agent told me "I am hoping the SAQ orders the 06 Riserva before Christmas for delivery next spring".

posted Hide Post
I should be able to confirm details on this in a couple weeks.

Posts: 15710 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
You can put me down for:

4 x 2007 normale
2 x 2006 riserva

+1

Posts: 126 | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
I'd like to taste first.
If the wine is as good as the hype, I'm in for a case of each.

Mangiare,

I hear you, but here's the thing: The agent is trying to determine quantities to order. If the order is too small, someone gets shorted. If too large, he's stuck with the wine. That's the point of this thread - to gauge interest from Ontario Forumites (and by extrapolation, Ontario at large) and order accordingly.

I have sent you an email.

posted Hide Post
Mangiare- if you respect the palates on this board that speak highly of Q-B, and align with them, I would not hesitate.

If you did purchase and then found they're not to your taste, you could offload them very easily on these boards (within Ontario alone). I receive no personal benefit from Q-B's success in Canada (other than having access to them along with everyone else). Just sayin'.

Posts: 15710 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's exactly what I just wrote to VinT other than the offloading part.
Thanks and I'm in.

Posts: 1739 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to be in

up to six of each of the three types - happy to share

He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists.

Posts: 381 | Location: Ontario - where the activist centre will make it all just right | Registered: Nov 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be in for 3 x 06 Riserva and 3 x 07 normale.

Posts: 824 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! This is a good indication of what I need to order.

Thanks VinT for posting the initial roquets! Much appreciated.

Once I have ordered, I will let you know the exact pricing as well as the approximate arrival date on this forum, under this subject. My partner and I will mostlikely organize a tasting of those wines plus a few others of QB as soon as they arrive.

Cheers

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would also like to get
3 x 06 Riserva

Thanks!

Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post