WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Wine Interviews NYC Area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wine Interviews NYC Area
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi Everyone,

I've enjoyed lurking on the boards for a while now. I'm a professor doing research on wine, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to participate in my research. I'll be in NYC next week doing ethnographic interviews (basically we just sit down for an hour and talk about wine), and I would love to talk to some of you. If you're in the NYC metro area and interested in helping with my research, please send me an email at a-humphreys@northwestern.edu. I'd be happy to treat to coffee or (of course) a glass of wine.

Thanks!

Ashlee

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind me asking, is the study to be published, personal, commercial/non profit use?

was there a particular reason why you chose ny over your fellow drinkers in illinois?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11839 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I don't mind you asking at all! I should have noted that in the first place. This is for academic research. Excerpts from the interviews might be published in an academic article, but your identity would be anonymous and we would remove all identifying details such as name, neighborhood, place of employment,etc.

posted Hide Post
Sorry--forgot to answer the second part of your question. We've interviewed a lot of people in the Chicago area and now want to branch out to compare NYC and CA.

posted Hide Post
Will wine be served?

Posts: 154 | Location: NJ | Registered: Jun 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waterdr:
Will wine be served?

hehe sub question is will it be wines too $$$ to drink or too cheap to drink ;-)

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11839 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I didn't go on this recent trip, I would've asked for your Match profile before agreeing to any interview. Smile

Posts: 5092 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
a-humphreys@northwestern.edu

If you're treating, I can be interviewed!

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2589 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! Thanks, Greg! Could you email me at the address above to set up the details?

Thanks and looking forward to it,
Ashlee

posted Hide Post
I might be around as well, will shoot you an email.

Mike

Posts: 3704 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:
quote:
a-humphreys@northwestern.edu

If you're treating, I can be interviewed!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this one.

PH

Posts: 15011 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this one.

Waddaya mean? It's all about the research!

Although after the second bottle I expect that the questions might become a little more free-form!

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2589 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this thread confused with the one about the football player and the ersatz female friend?

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post