WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    2007 La Rasina BdM - Thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 La Rasina BdM - Thoughts?
 Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone given the 2007 La Rasina BdM a try? A local store has a pretty decent sale on them and wanted to see what you experts thought of it. I try not to follow points, but it got ratings of WS89 and 95 from James Suckling which seems like a rather large difference to me...

Posts: 214 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably not much help: I like La Rasina Rosso di Montalcino, so i guess their BdM is worth a try as well

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1872 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed their 2001 & 2004. A pretty good BdM for the buck. Check Cellar Tracker for some recent notes, I am sure there are some there.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the interest of full disclosure, I sell this wine.

The 2005 was a rockstar. The 2006 was very very good. The 2007 is a good value.

Hope that helps.

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-
"But is anyone speaking for consumers' best interest? One liquor store owner, Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Company..."-Wine Spectator
"One of the most important retailers in the country"-Wall Street Journal, November 2010
"(T)hese are the kind of posts we've come to expect from NY Retailer."-Board-O
"You're not here to help us. You're here to help yourself..."-Board-O
"You a liar and your motives here are clear to all. Let me repeat- you are a liar."-Board-O

Posts: 749 | Location: New York | Registered: May 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isnt a James Suckling 95 about the same as an 89 from any other publication?

Posts: 56 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The '07 tastes overworked, overly oaky, and just straight-up manipulated in my opinion. Not to my taste at all.

Posts: 592 | Location: ann arbor, MI | Registered: Mar 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a taste of this and not a big fan. It is an "ok" bottling but definitely better values out there. I agree with Chaad in that I felt this was a bit too oaky for my liking.

Posts: 214 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post