WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    JJ Buckey - Wine Commune Auctions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JJ Buckey - Wine Commune Auctions
 Login/Join 
posted
If you are thinking about selling through them, don't. Customer service and communication is HORRIBLE.

Sold two lots - got paid for the second lot immediately, and have been trying to follow-up on the first lot for many moons - without success.

Posts: 231 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to hear that. On a positive note, I think they finally got rid of the random '05 Bordeaux future pages that were filling their weekly consignment auction pages. I hope they make it right for you soon.

Posts: 140 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: Apr 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've generally had zero success with reaching anyone at winecommune. If you buy through a private client on the retail side of JJ Buckley, I would get them involved. It's the only way I've ever gotten anything done there.

Posts: 247 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Nov 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I haven't bought through them in awhile, but still check in from time to time. I bought most of my 2005 futures from them and still got a tingle when I saw the 2005 futures show up at the end pages of their current auctions. Those looked like screaming deals relative to 2005 itself as well as 2009's & 2010's. Alas, time waits for no man or bottle of wine.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I (apparently) got a hold of someone with the ability to communicate on Friday. Apparentky, they sold the lot I submitted twice; but are sending me a check for the second sale, which will net me about 20% more money.

Do not know how they are going to deliver one flight of bottles to 2 successful bidders.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aagrawal:
I've generally had zero success with reaching anyone at winecommune. If you buy through a private client on the retail side of JJ Buckley, I would get them involved. It's the only way I've ever gotten anything done there.

+1, my guy usually responds to me within the hour.

Posts: 1680 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bates40:
So I (apparently) got a hold of someone with the ability to communicate on Friday. Apparentky, they sold the lot I submitted twice; but are sending me a check for the second sale, which will net me about 20% more money.

Do not know how they are going to deliver one flight of bottles to 2 successful bidders.

I cant tell you how many bottles I have "won" and had held for shipping, at the end of the year I have everything shipped and a good number of botttles just arent there. No communication from them about why not. They just arent there. Auction problems is the usual reply I got after contacting them and asking wtf. On the other end of the deal, a couple years ago when I was selling a few bottles to help with a house down payment I got a check for almost $2K for a bottle that had already sold and I had already been paid for. That operation is a $hit show. I stopped buying from WC a while ago.

Posts: 4577 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, have had "won" bottles go missing at shipping. No note, nothing. You really have to be careful and know exactly what you should be getting.
I rarely buy there anymore, and when I do, I try to buy from other users. They're actually more reliable.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6825 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my check for the higher amount. Case closed.

Will not sell through them again.